dreamfeed or no dreamfeed?

danniemum2be

♥️
Reaction score
How many of u give your LO's a dream feed before you go to bed and does it work 4 u? Maisie usually goes to bed around 7.30- 8.30 and i usually give her a bottle when i go up at around 11 shes usually still asleep when i give it her and takes a couple of oz but still wakes up around 4 am and sometimes even twice in the night, am i doing wrong giving her a dreamfeed do they sleep better with it or without it? :shrug:

I give Jacob one when he needs it, he stopped for about a week and slept through 630-630 but this week hes back needing more milk so before I go to bed - around 11ish I give him a couple more ozs while hes all sleepy and he'll then go through to 630 :) It works for us x

i was giving paige one bout 10.30 11 but she was still waking so i stopped and this week we have been putting her to bed bout half 8 and she slept till 5 one night and been waking at 3ish the rest of the time for a feed and going back to sleep. why dont you try one night without it and see how she goes and if you think shes better with it just keep doing it :thumbup: i didnt want her to get into the habbit of needing a mini feed after a little sleep but loas of people find it works really well for them. :flower:

i used to always give alice a feed at 10-10.30 because she was a terrible feeder and would only have drunk about 10oz a day and she would always drink a full 5 oz when she was asleep. she used to sleep 6.30/6.30 with it. now since i changed her milk powder she drinks all her bottles in the day and started refusing her 10.30 bottle and it would jus wake her up me trying to giv her it. she then started waking in the night and i would give her a bottle if all else failed o get her back to sleep. no for the last week shes started going 6-6.30 with no feeds atall. she still wakes in the night aleast once but setles with a dummy.
if your lil one is still waking in the night then personally i wouldnt bother giving a dreamfeed. i found it easier stopping alice's and having a few nights waking often in the night and her eventually not needing a feed than having to cut it out in the future. is all trial and error and you have to find whats best for you. why dont you not give her one for a few nights and see if it makes a diff to how she sleeps? xxx

We gave Theo a dreamfeed for a few weeks when he was about 3 months and it made no difference what so ever tbh....he would feed at 7, then have his dreamfeed at 11, but he would still wake at 3 and 6 for feeds!

He now sleeps 8 till 6, he wakes up in the middle of the night, not for a bottle though...normally to come in mummys bed for cuddles lol :nope: but hoping this will stop soon and he will sleep through properly!!

x

i dream feed every now and then with my 2month old, yes she still wakes up 3-4 hours after for a feed but i dreamfeeding works for me because when i feed her she stays asleep instead of having to put her back to sleep or staying up in the middle of the night with her. but all babys and mums are different :)

ive noticed with Syri when i dont let her nurse on demand at night, she wakes up just as often as when i do >.< i think it just goes down to the baby so maybe try not doing it just to see if you get a diff result.

I didnt, just because, the first 3 weeks Holle fed every Four hours day and night, by 6 weeks every 20 mins!

I never did with Evelyn and personally I wouldn't. Each to their own of course, whatever works for you. There's the danger that you'll create a habit that otherwise may not have been there and it can distrupt their natural sleep cycle. You'll never know when they're ready to truly sleep through the night and they're going to be waking up quite regularly when they're that little anyway (unless you're very lucky).

I never done it, like the poster above i just thought it was gonna be pointless for us as he will wake when hes hungry anyway
But a lot of people recommened it to me so for somepeople it works

I've not heard of dreamfeed before but I use the Hipp night time milk for Hayden before he goes to bed & it is the best thing I ever discovered! He used to wake up really hungry but since I used this it is brilliant! I give him it at 8 PM and he sleeps till 8 AM, I wouldn't dare stop using it for one night just in case he woke up. It's not cheap buying two different milks but if it works it works! I also do the Jonsons night time baby routine to and I won't be breaking that habit anytime soon! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->