Dreaming I've had contractions all night... or did I really?! So weird, lol

marigold91

Reaction score
This may be the weirdest post ever (sorry!), but a few times a week, I wake up convinced that I had contractions all night. I do know for a fact that I'm waking up several times a night, but I don't know if I'm doing so because I'm dreaming, or because the contractions are actually real, lol.

I *do* know that I do have braxton hicks very regularly at night when I'm laying in bed (sometimes due to sex, but sometimes not). I feel like I should mention it to my doctor because if I'm NOT dreaming, then these contractions are waking me up because they hurt... but I feel silly mentioning it to my doctor when I may just be dreaming/making the whole thing up lol.

At any rate, if they are real, they never continue past the morning, but can anyone relate? Pregnancy dreams are so weird and vivid that I literally cannot tell the difference!

I had a dream that I was in labor just a few nights ago. I woke up and thought that I was having real contractions, but alas, was just a dream. I would mention that you are having BH to the doctor, but mine just sort of nods and says "call us when they are coming regularly for an hour." :)

Yeah I have had a dream where I was in labor, and my husband lost his patience, and actually cut her out! :haha: Obviously I knew it wasn't real, but I do think the pain there must have been real, kind of like before I was pregnant and I"d dream someone stabbed me in the hand when I'd hit my hand off something. So the pain might very well be real, and your mind is just making up the most logical explanation. A call to the doc never hurts, but I would say the same, until they are regular and there are other signs, just a dream

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->