Dreams about giving birth

PnkPolkaDots

Reaction score
I've had dreams before where I had children, but last night I had my first dream about actually giving birth. Oddly, most of the dream wasn't focused on the actual birth. I forgot the details within a few minutes of waking, but I know I gave birth in the dream. Most of the dream was being at home the day after with a newborn baby girl. I kept walking around the house with her, saying things like, "I can't believe I gave birth yesterday" and "It wasn't even that bad." Basically, I felt so normal that I was in complete shock of how good I felt after doing something of that physical magnitude the day before.

Anyone else had dreams about being pregnant/giving birth? Feel free to share here! :flower:

I have always had dreams about being pregnant with a girl, including a few when I was pregnant with DD. Earlier this year I dreamed I gave birth to twin girls, and when I told hubby about it in the morning, he said twins would be cool. Yeah... no, I prefer one at a time. :haha:

I didn't find giving birth as difficult as I was expecting, even with a third degree tear... so maybe it's a sign of future good fortune for you! :flower:

As my due date was nearing with my daughter I dreamt a lot about giving birth... a few times I dreamt I gave birth to a puppy lol - For me though labour and delivery were incredible and dare I say easy! :happydance: Hopefully you can have the same incredible experience I did :hugs:

I have been dreaming about being pregnant/giving birth/having a baby for about 10 or 12 years, easily. At least twice a month! I've wanted a baby SO BADLY, but I was never with the right man to have them with - I didn't just want to have a baby for the sake of having one, you know? And it's been highly specific in the details - like I'm 6 weeks pregnant, or 19 weeks pregnant. I've woken up feeling like I should have morning sickness and a popped-out belly...and it always felt really weird to realize that I'm NOT pregnant. Once I dreamed I gave birth, and the baby literally grew up in my arms, like it went from a newborn to the age of 18 in moments (I think that's a metaphor for how fast they grow up!).

Oddly enough, now that we're almost ready to make it a reality, and I can daydream guilt-free, add things to my secret Pinterest board, and talk about it more freely, I find that I'm having the dreams a lot less. We'll see how the reality measures up ;)

When pregnant I had multiple dreams of giving birth where it didn't even hurt and was such a beautiful experience. It ended up being more painful than I ever could have imagined. I think the dream was my way of coping so I wouldn't worry. I'm glad I never stressed about it beforehand and just dealt with the horror when the time came haha.

Before I fell pregnant with DS I had several dreams about giving birth to a baby boy. While I was pregnant with DS I had several dreams about giving birth to a baby girl, even after I found out that I was having a boy (although I did have baby boy dreams while pregnant with him). I also had :bfp: dreams 2 months before I fell pregnant with DS.

Everyone's birth story is different and you won't know how yours will go until it happens. I had an epidural 9 or 10 hours into labor so I didn't feel the pushing stage at all and my recovery was excellent. I had almost no problems with pain while wiping after using the bathroom or any other time and I even had an episiotomy. It was hard to believe that I had given birth because I felt so much better than I thought I would after it was over and I had been able to get some rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->