Dream's last minute wedding journal!

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Eeek!

My wedding was a month away yesterday! So this is mainly to help me keep up.

Tomorrow we have the registrar to discuss readings and things.

I have a massive to do list left which I'll type up tomorrow :flower: xx

o not long! what else have you got to do? xx

yay! hun, get the list of stuff you still need to do...how did the registrar visit go?

I'm really excited. But I'm wishing I hadn't done it so soon after christmas because it's stressing me out and completely overshadowing what should be an amazing christmas because it's munchkins first. But I am really excited, just stressing. And now I've lost my list :dohh:

Okay, To Do:

*Buy Mirrors for table centres
*Make Menu Cards
*Make Order of Service type things (do I need these for civil ceremony?)
* Placecards
*Pick up napkins from hotel (11/01) and tie ribbon around
*Select Readings (now done :))
*Select Music (Pre ceremony, entrance, signing of register, exit of B&G)
*Write personalised parts of vows
*Make table plan
*Make appt to discuss final shot list with photographer
*Book Make-Up artist
*Buy Flowergirl Present
*Wrap Bridesmaid presents
*Buy tranfers and tops and then make for all bridal party to wear getting ready.
*Write out list of timings for key roles.
* Get 2 of BM's dresses altered
*Pick up my dress (08/01)
*Buy nice pen for signing register pics (also to be gift for my stepdad).
*Order MIL gift.
*Get munchkins hair cut
*Ensure person lending me vases for table centres has them all to my mum by week before latest.
*get iPod docking station
*Put music onto at least 3 ipods/iphones (Just in case!)
*Make favours
*sort out table plan (before making it, obv)
*Sort out my jewellery
*Buy floating candles
/andbreathe.

I have A LOT to do. I'm also considering adding
*Make 50 cupcakes to give as favours the day/2days before to that list :wacko:
but I don't know if I'm good enough at them. It wouldn't be too much extra work. Only take about 3 hours max and could do over the 2 days but I'm not sure. This was my first ever attempt at a rose one the other day :shrug: what do you think?
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs352.ash2/63263_480184129854_510524854_5614492_2735212_n.jpg

The cup cake looks really good, well done! i think giving them out as favours are a brill idea everyone likes cake! but i wouldnt make them too big as cake is fairly filling!
Good luck with your wedding list, your be fine!!

yay! hun, get the list of stuff you still need to do...how did the registrar visit go?

I forgot to say :dohh:

It went really well. The registrar is a really nice, really chilled guy. He approved the readings and said not to worry about anything as on the day he briefs anyone that needs it, all words we need to say will be "repeat after me" and if we have personalised bits after the vows then he'll print them on fancy card for us to read them :) He was really lovely. xx

we are giving cakes as favers but the cakes are going to be are wedding cake there 4" wedding cakes my mum is making them with me helping if she lets me

they look pro!! :shock: I think you should definitely do the cakes...how would you place them? Just on peoples table settings? Or all on a stand?

Thats great about the registrar visit, at least he' put you at ease...do you know what song you'l walk in to?!

Hey lovely

I can't believe how fast it has come around!

We were at a wedding yesterday, and they didnt have an order of service. However, if you are having readings then it might be nice to do a little one with the readings on them, who's reading them, names of the wedding party etc :hugs:

Your cupcakes are fab, especially since you have only just started :hugs:

xxx

You could display the cakes on a really nice cake stand in the the middle of the tables with a few flowers coming out of the middle?!
However if you do that then your guests may eat them before the meal and them may not eat of the meal that would of paid lots for!! If it was me, i would leave the cakes to last and poss using as a pudding or something like that!
I got married in Aug, love talking about weddings, its soo much fun!!

those cakes are brill hun very professional looking. I'd definately do them as favours hun.xx

Twigs- I'm walking in to "It is you- Dana Glover" unfortunately it's the song from shrek, but the lyrics are gorgeous and it means a lot to OH and I.

With the cupcakes, I already have a wedding cake that my mum's making, so I was thinking of maybe putting them out in the evening, but the more I think about it the more I think it's a bad idea. I'd really like to, but once I cost the ingredients and hire a stand and buy the boxes for them I'm looking at about £50, maybe more and I've already bought favours.

I have now ordered the floating candles, so that can come off the list.

I don't know what size mirror plates to order?! :shrug: I'm thinking 10"? I really don't have a clue xx

I saw mirrored plates in Au Naturale the other day! For like a pound each! And then you could sell them again afterwards...

If the cupcakes are making you a big loss then not worth it, but maybe for evening when everyone has had a few drinks? Good for the munchies if you're having a disco type thing at night?

Im away to google that song! Theres another dana glover song i love so I bet I will love it :flower:

one of my guests is making cup cakes just like yours instead of a wedding gift (as she has to make 80+ of them!!!) We are giving them as one of our favours xx

I'm gonna actually look how much hiring a cupcake stand would be. In the long run, I'd love to be able to sell them and make them for other people's weddings so would be good practise I think :) x

I also don't think I ever put pics up from my wedding hair trial.

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/katy_t89/th_13112010237.jpghttps://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/katy_t89/th_13112010241.jpghttps://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/katy_t89/th_13112010236.jpg

Now then, make up. I haven't booked anyone yet. The only quote I've had so far was £75! Plus £40 for each further person and trial £25 each. I guess I've been dragging my feet because deep down it's just too expensive and I don't want to pay £100 for my make up. At the same time I don't want to have to worry about doing it myself on the day because it'll be a big pressure I think. What do you all think? Shall I just ring around people who come up on google in my local area and see how much they are? I know it's not all about cost, but £100 :shock:

i deffo wouldnt be paying that much at all :shock: cant you get one of your mates to do it for you for cheap? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->