Dress code for Ascot?

porkypig

Reaction score
I'm going to Ascot in June and although I kinda know what people wear, is there a dress code?

It would no jeans, trainers or shorts, apart from this it doesn't matter really

Is it royal ascot week? If so, in general admissions there is (I think!) now a dress code. People were turning up in short dresses ect which I think they've put a stop to. Hats and fascinators have to be worn, may be something about strapless dresses too. The silver ring has a anything goes code!!. Royal box is a seperate, very posh!
How are you getting there?

As pp poster said, it depends where you are going to be. The tightened up quite a bit after they had their big refurbishment done.

There's the dress code which you can look up on their website.
It's quite strict but then when I went last year there were still a few who clearly ignored it.
Xx

I also think there is a restriction on what you can take in alcohol wise now; I think it's one bottle of wine or 4 bottles of beer or something? they do random searches too so be careful if you're picnicing.

xx

I think dresses are meant to be knee length, but I have seen it broken a few times in the last few years. I reckon I'd go knee length to be on the safe side, as there may be certain sections that may turn you away.

Is it royal ascot week? If so, in general admissions there is (I think!) now a dress code. People were turning up in short dresses ect which I think they've put a stop to. Hats and fascinators have to be worn, may be something about strapless dresses too. The silver ring has a anything goes code!!. Royal box is a seperate, very posh!

We're in the silver ring (whatever that means- is they where the ruffos go? Lol) were getting a coach there and back x

here is the dress code:

https://www.ascot.co.uk/the-dress-code#Silver Ring

eta: scroll up or down for correct bit you need

We're in the silver ring (whatever that means- is they where the ruffos go? Lol) were getting a coach there and back x

Ahh yes then anything goes!! I would still dress up though, they'll be a mix of outfits... Alot of guys wear jeans though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->