• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dress for a wedding

Shell820810

Reaction score
Do you think this dress is suitable for a wedding guest. I will be 17 weeks at that stage. I was thinking about a deep purple colour for it. Is it too bridesmaidy?

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-Plus-Size-Maternity-Mother-Of-Bridal-Wedding-Dress-Evening-Dress-Custom-Size-/00/s/NTAwWDMzMw==/z/iIYAAOxyRhBSuEGo/$_12.JPG

It depends on how formal the wedding is, it is beautiful but I think it is quite dressy and may upstage the bridal party, perhaps if it were a bit shorter?? Tea length perhaps??

Yes I am concerned it may be too similar to the bridal party. I could ask for a shorter length but I don't have good legs so the maxi length was a bonus.

It's a gorgeous dress but very formal, I wouldn't have been too thrilled if a guest had turned up to my wedding in it..

I say ask your sister. That is definitely very formal (and gorgeous!), like a bridesmaid or mother of the bride/groom dress. My sister was one of my bridesmaids, but if she wasn't, I probably would have preferred she wore something a little less formal.

Would have been completely appropriate at the black tie wedding (my brother's) I attended in November! The dress I wore (as a guest) was actually one I borrowed that had been worn as a maid of honor gown for a different wedding.

I'm heading to a black tie wedding next year and would love something like this. Where's it from if you don't mind me asking?
I would def check with your sister in case it's similar to bridesmaids

I would check with your sister too. It's a beautiful dress but I went to a wedding a few weeks ago where a pregnant guest wore a similar dress and people did make comments that she looked like a bridesmaid. It didn't help that she'd been to the salon and had her hair all up as if she was a bridesmaid tho!

It's beautiful, but check.

I once went to a wedding where I wore a dress I'd had for awhile, several weddings and a night out lol, cheap skate! But it was a gorgeous dress and it was expensive, and I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb, everyone was fairly casual, I mean most women wore dresses, but day casual type ones, I was a long elegant one, lol.

The bridesmaids dresses were clearly not expensive and it showed, and I just felt terrible. I mean there was nothing to suggest this wedding would be any more or less casual then others I'd been to that year, and my dress fitted in fine in those, but this one, argh. I felt I wanted to hide.

I just got this dress from ASOS & wore it to a wedding last weekend. It's great as it fits through all stages of pregnancy (that's why I got it so it will fit me in the spring/summer! ) & it came under my knee (I am pretty tall too! ).Plus the black belt meant I could wear black tights & shoes & not look out of place, AND I can't believe it but it's gone to £19.50 in the sale.
xo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-02-20-33-14-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-02-20-33-14-1.png
    246 KB · Views: 1
If it's your sister I'd ask her. I think it's lovely.
Xx

I love that asos dress pearlsandbows, I'm going to have a look at their stuff!! Love it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->