Dressing babies like babies

alio

Reaction score
I know this sounds silly but I went shopping today and got Fin a few bits... It got me to thinking though. I LOVE sleepsuits and babygrows and for some reason I don't like seeing him in 'little adult' clothes, if you get what I mean... like jeans and tops.... I just like seeing him in baby clothes, whilst he's a baby....

Does anyone else feel the same?

Aww... I'm the opposite you see. He wears his baby clothes (sleepsuit, pj's etc) at home and he has little dude clothes... He even has some similar clothes to daddy :lol:

hell yes-I was talking to my OH about this a few days ago.

They're teeny tiny for such a small time, I want to keep them that way!!

Jeans especially look so uncomfy sometimes on babies, all crunchy and horrid.
I wouldnt want to lay flat on my back in a pair of jeans all day!! :blush:

We gots heaps of sleepsuits and a few pairs of soft trousers with feet etc for when the baby is born. :cloud9:

xx

Jasmine spends most of her time in sleepsuits etc, I must have 40 of them, all very cute... I do have to say, every once in ahile I like dressing her up in pants and a shirt, she is just too cute.

I hope when she is older she will go shoppng still with me haha...

thats so funny u said that....when jack was around 2months my oh put jack in jeans and a top and i said i didnt like it and i wanted him in a baby grow cause he doesnt look like a baby any more in jeans, i think it has something to do with us not wanting them to grow up well thats how i felt but trust me once hes abit older u will love him in jeans and a top,

Jacob has only just started wear proper clothes but most of it is really soft dungarees so basically a sleepsuit dungarees with a vest underneath x

archie wears baby grows etc for indoors and bedtime and if its really cold out i likes him all snugged in a nice baby grow etc with his snow suit....but if its fine out or we goin to visit nanny i love him in his little dudey clothes he loooks sooo cute...although i must say i dont like babys in proper uncomfy jeans. archie only has soft jeans which r pretty much the feel of soft jogging bottoms so he can wriggle about fine xx

oh I dont have jeans either.

Yep, Niamh only wears vests and babygros :) I think it makes them look like babies for longer. I met a Mum the other day with a baby the same age as Niamh who was in jeans and a top. Not my thing for such a young baby, but each to their own!

I'm the same! I loved dressing Sam in baby clothes - he didn't have very many little outfits when he was small and I only dressed him in vest tops and babygros (had some really nice ones bought for us when he was born) for weeks! x

:blush: I love having Hannah in her little jeans and t-shirts, she has sleepsuits but she wears them at night only

little :baby: rompers all the way for me. They are just too cute.

Joseph was in babygrows for the first couple of months, I remember thinking I didn't want to put him in adult style clothes at all! Now he wears both, he still has sleepsuits when we're at home but I put him in jeans (lined ones, he has some lovely ones with a fleecy lining from pumpkin patch, don't like the thought of rough material against his skin) and tops when we are going somewhere x

Yes and no. When we are at home, I put him in soft cotton onsies and trousers that are the same material. When we go out, I love little 'mens' clothes. I have a couple pairs of jeans, but only buy ones that are super soft.

I lovee Karl dressed as a baby in sleepsuits and vests. I do have outfits but all bigger sizes, for when hes a bit bigger.

I agree they should look like a baby, although he wore a pair of soft jeans and top on christmas day.

we used to keep leeon in babygros till he was about 3 months old unless we were going out somewhere nice but when they are up and about its nice to have them in little outfits they look so cute x

My MIL always complains that I dress Helena in adult clothes. I think little hoodies and jeans are SO CUTE. I have her in sleepers when we are at home but I like to dress her up in little outfits when we go out or if people are coming over.

I love him in sleep suits, they're too cute and he's already getting so big so fast I do want to make him look as little as he is while he's still little.

I do love dressing him in overalls though, which is more 'little boy' than 'little man', and only when we're going out.

I have bought a couple of little man outfits because they were SOOOOO cute on the rack, teeny tiny jeans and shirts are adorable, but they seem uncomfortable for him, it was a bit of a waste of money.

Fortunately for him its summer here, as at the end of the day, if it were up to him, he'd be naked all day anyway! Clothes are wasted on a little boy who'd much rather be nude.

He wears baby clothes around the house or if we just going to the doctors but if we're off to see people or into town, he wears his dudey clothes :D

When she was younger I loved her in baby gro's now I prefer her dressed unless we are having a nice day in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->