Dressing babies like babies

Char has pj's but those are just for bedtime. During the day she wears onesies or shirts with pants and socks. She's got adorable pink striped leg-warmers too. She does have jeans, but they are super soft comfy jeans. I LOVE her in overalls too....SO cute!

Dec got his first pair of jeans when he was about 4 months, I thought they were to uncomfortable to wear lying down all day, but he did have lots of little man clothes just not jeans, now that he is older he nearly lives in Jeans, him and his big bro have some similar clothes and trainers.

I agree! I have just started buying him those footless romper suits for during the day. They seem so much warmer than trousers and a top - especially in this freezing weather! He does have some outfits, but I seem to have stopped dressing him in them. I'm sure when hubby dresses him at the weekend, he will come down in jeans and a jumper though!!!

im completely diff, every morning when jaciob wakes up he is washed and dressed into an outfit then we do somethings and head out to the pond for a walk or to the shops. he is only in his sleep suits at night after bath in bed or when sick, when he goes for naps we take him trousers off and jumper and he gets wrapped in a blanket so he knows its nap time :) XxX

hee hee... well looks like we're all different! i'm going to keep my little man little for as long as i can! do they do grows in age 17?

Totally totally agree with you! I said to all my family members who i knew would be buying clothes for Amelia that i don't want any denim or mini adult clothes.

i love babies to look like babies especially knitted stuff, she has tons of it!

They are little for such a short time i hate seeing babies in jeans with shoes and things on, but that is my personal opinion to others they might not mind.

hell yes-I was talking to my OH about this a few days ago.

They're teeny tiny for such a small time, I want to keep them that way!!

Jeans especially look so uncomfy sometimes on babies, all crunchy and horrid.
I wouldnt want to lay flat on my back in a pair of jeans all day!! :blush:

We gots heaps of sleepsuits and a few pairs of soft trousers with feet etc for when the baby is born. :cloud9:

xx

yeah that's kinda how i see it too! plus less stress when out for nappy change for me! just whip them chubby pins out.....

Totally totally agree with you! I said to all my family members who i knew would be buying clothes for Amelia that i don't want any denim or mini adult clothes.

i love babies to look like babies especially knitted stuff, she has tons of it!

They are little for such a short time i hate seeing babies in jeans with shoes and things on, but that is my personal opinion to others they might not mind.

yes yes yes!!! i'm the same.... little ickle beans!!! xx

I have to say, I love both the baby grows and his little dudey clothes as well! He looks so cute. But, I don't like the stiff fabric of some of the jeans either, I prefer dungarees. I love Tristan's velour baby grows, they are my favourite.

xxx

Hi i totally agree to with my first i was younger and dressed him in mini adult clothes totally tried to make him grow up sooner than he did believe me baby number 2 is gonna be a baby till he goes to nursery lol

we dressed elliot in his sleepsuits for the first month or so, but then liked to get him dressed in the morning and he knows when the pjs go on its bedtime. also as hes long-sleepsuits dont really fit right-so hes got pj's (the bottoms have feet in them though).

we put him in comfy things though-like his fleecy dungarees or soft lined trousers. id never put him in anything stiff or umcomfortable.

im not really into old fashioned knitted things, even though we were given loads. they suit girls more then boys i think.

keely.

I like dressing Jay in little outfits in the day (but make sure they're all soft and comfortable) and put him in sleepsuits at bedtime. It does make him look older than he is but I think he looks so cute :cloud9:

xx

I do not like seeing babies in jeans and shirts and shoes and trainers and things, I like to keep them babies for as long as possible, I did not put Jack in jeans till he was 18 months old! I like them in whites and pale colours soft clothes and things.My friend brought her baby over other day and she dressed him in billabong jeans with a funky belt and a shirt and I think it looks strange on a 2 month old, but thats just my opinion x

for the first few weeks i wanted katie in sleepsuits all the time, we had some really cute ones and cos of her size, she looked so old in normal clothes. she's got loads of pretty dresses tho and she still looks a baby in them! i love her in proper clothes now tho, she knows when she gets a sleepsuit on, its nearly time for bed! she only wears soft trousers and stuff tho. her legs are getting too long for her 3-6m sleepsuits now, and 6-12m will be too big so i'd rather put her in proper clothes!

i do know someone with a baby a couple of weeks older than katie who puts her in diesel jeans, baby timberlands and juicy tracksuits. wrong!!

Aww, I like those little outfits :lol:

When we at home she's mostly in her onesies (baby grows) and sleepsuits but when we go out I like to dress her up.

I know what you mean, my OH is always trying to dress Joey up like a little man in shirts & jeans & shoes?! :) I think he looks kinda silly

Ally wears a mix of things. Anything we're given, he wears - we don't buy much at all. It is so cold at the moment and he has a pair of fleecey jeans from mothercare which are probably the warmest things he has, so he wears them sometimes. Or he wears sleepsuits and a hoody jumper or cardigan on top. He is wearing them more this week cos he's poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->