Dried colustrum... Sorry tmi!

snazz

Reaction score
Ok, ever since 12 weeks I've been making small amounts of colustrum that I notice later on my nipples after its dried. At first I was thrilled that my body is working properly but now I'm grossed out. It leaves this hard little residue in between my normal nipple creases (sorry I know it's tmi!!) and it really bothers me so I've been removing the little scabs or whatever whenever I see them with tweezers... But I read that can lead to infection? Anyone else have any suggestions? I read in other forums to take a washcloth and rub them out but they are already soo tender as is :(

I have this too and i just wash them in the shower and wipe gently (mine hurt too ) its just another lovely part of pregnancy :)

Sorry tmi alert but I've been tweezing them out too I didn't realise it could cause infection, but there's noway I could rub them out there just too sensitive!

Same thing is happening to me, and I have been picking at them, I know I shouldn't :-(

Lovely huh? Some women have the privilege of continuing to make these lovely yellow crusties for years to come after lactating, I am one of those extra special ladies :dohh:

I'm 22 weeks...should I be getting this?!

This is happening to me too! I didn't notice this in my first two pregnancies. It's happening only on one side and I've been picking at it if it's big enough to... So annoying and gross and a sensitive area!!

I haven't had any scabby things, but I think I am leaking a little bit. I have some flaky stuff sometimes. This is gross: whenever I get really too warm, when I take off my bra, I swear it smells cheesy now. Eww. :-/

Picking boobies crusts eewwwww......were all ever so ladylike haha x

Can you not use some soft cotton wool pads soaked with water and just gently hold it over the nips to soften and then hopefully it will wipe off without being too painful?

I'm 15 weeks and have what I thought was dry white patches on my nips. I thought this was dry skin, could it actually be colustrum?

I also pick mine out, didn't know your not meant too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->