Driving myself crazy- Can't think of anything but baby

Dark_Star

Reaction score
So roughly 99.7% of my thoughts are about baby and my symptoms. This is my first child. My fiancé is being quite patient and tolerant but I'm sure I am driving him mad.

All I can think about is my symptoms, how I'm feeling, what I'll need, money, things that can go wrong, I'm even looking up baby names at 5.5 weeks. I'm getting absolutely nothing done, and conversationally I have a 1-track mind. Will this get any better?

I totally get it! I'm 6W and i think, google and think more about it all the time. Meanwhile I'm getting married next week and I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO TO GET IT ALL DONE but instead of googling how i want flowers on my cake i'm on here! hahaha. i have to say I found out at 4 weeks and now little by little i'm weening. I think my first appointment tomorrow will help to so I can actually talk to someone other than the fiancee about this!!

It definitely gets better, at least for me it did! I think once you get a little farther along in your pregnancy you realize that you still have time to buy things, and the list of things that can go wrong drops dramatically so it will make you feel so much better. Hang in there! :flower:

After I found out, I was so worried about something going wrong that I spent wayyy too much time thinking about it. I'd say around 12 weeks it slowly started to stop. Now I go hours without even remembering I'm pregnant. You definitely get "used" to it :)

I've got baby on the brain all the time! Mostly freaking out over things that could go wrong or worrying:dohh: Then plenty of day dreaming of telling family/friends and baby being due in December how exciting it is.

I know the feeling this is my 2nd baby but all I think about now is being pregnant and what I need to do and what I need to buy. I havent bought anything yet way to early but doesn't stop me thinking about it

Think I'm going to feel the same for a good 4 weeks yet......

Exactly the same here....my productivity at work has plummetted! I'm so absent minded with everything....good to hear it should get better! x

Im surprised to hear you all think it has died down.

Im 19 weeks now and I very much think about it 24/7, if its not clothing, its something else baby related I know that! But I love it. theres nothing else id rather think about.

I infact hope mine doesnt die down!

ive had 3 successful pregnancies and im like that with all of them!!! obsessed from the first positive test!!!! its ok. enjoy this time as much as you can!!!:flower:

Wait you you give birth, it gets worse :haha:

I've literally spent the last 3 days reading anything I can, yet telling myself not to get my hopes up! Then telling myself to just wish away because IF something was to happen then I'd be gutted either way, so I may as well let myself enjoy it...

Wah, I'm such an obsessor!!!

I have not got anything accomplished in the past 5 weeks. I think about house projects we need to finish, what to buy for baby and me, what baby will look like.... Baby 24/7

Yep, I just keep running through what needs to get done before baby.....finish diy. What things required. What we need to reclaim From others after we've lent all our stuff out from dd. When I will start maternity. If work will grant my flexible working request.

Glad I am not the only one!!! I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and worrying! I kinda wish I wouldn't have found out so early (10dpo) so that I would have so long to be anxious!!!
I'm glad to know it's normal to obsess!!

I was like this with my first, I could have talked about my pregnancy/baby all day long!

This time around it's not as bad, however I do consult Google an awful lot still. It's worst in the evenings when DD has gone to bed and I'm left to my own devices!

I was like this with my first, I could have talked about my pregnancy/baby all day long!

This time around it's not as bad, however I do consult Google an awful lot still. It's worst in the evenings when DD has gone to bed and I'm left to my own devices!

Dr Google is so evil! I find myself on there far too often and have to talk myself into not searching! It's guaranteed we're going to find bad things on google because that's what gets searched for. I've told myself I must start Googling happy topics like announcement ideas and gender reveals not symptoms:wacko:

it got better for me in 2nd tri last time.. but then I ended up off work and on modified bedrest at 25 weeks and had WAY too much time on my hands so it got bad again! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->