Driving myself crazy, please give your opinion

Dawn2411

Mom of 2 girls and 2 boys
Reaction score
I am 11 dpo and took 3 dollar store tests today. They didn't show a second line intil 3-4 mins. after taking the test but definitely showed the second line before the 5 min. window. So I took 2 E.P.T. tests and they were both negative. I didn't use my first morning urine either. My question is do you think it's just evap lines on the dollar store tests even though the second lines showed with in 3-4 mins.? I'm going crazy here lol. I'll try to post a pic. of the dollar store tests.
https://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/dawnpettit/IMG_20120114_185034.jpg

It's tricky -- in both positive pregnancies (mc, tho for first one), I did use el cheapo ones as well and they both came up within a minute for first one and within 20 seconds for this pregnancy. I would trust the ept ones more, as I used after first positive cheapo for first pregnancy to confirm that I had done the test correctly -- this time, I was pretty certain I was pregnant, so didn't re-do....

I would say, sorry, no, it doesn't look dark enough to be a 'positive'....but maybe try tomorrow am with first urine? (the second positive for this pregnancy, I did at night because I just couldn't wait any more, but I had missed two periods (have erratic cycles, so waited until longest cycle +7 days, was pre-IVF, so was already taking vitamins, not drinking, etc., but got pregnant naturally...)

best wishes (sorry....)

Thank you for responding. I really appreciate it since I have been driving myself crazy here lol.

The fact that a line showed up at all means that it is detecting HCG in your system. The only time the body makes HCG is when you're expecting. I would wait another day and try again to see if you get a darker line. It looks like a very early positive to me! :)

Well I took another test this morning and the positive results came up within 60 seconds. The test says not to read it until 2 mins. after taking it. I guess I'm just going to have to go have a blood test to make sure.

Dawn,

I knew it!! BFP!! Congrats!! WHOO HOO!! H&H 9 months to you! :)

PS- And people on this forum swear by the Dollar Tree tests, saying they are better than the "real" ones. :)

I would say BFP to be honest, it would be unlikely to get 3 identical evaps.
Good luck with further tests :)

Thank you everyone. I'm going to call the doct. tomorrow and have them confirm though, don't want to get my hopes up until I know for sure.

well, am glad to see I was wrong!

congratulations!

best wishes

I have an appt. at 5:00pm. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Fingers crossed for you Dawn! Please let us know how the appointment goes. :)

Baby is due sept.28th. We are beyond excited but nervous since I lost my last 2 pregnancies. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and thank you for all the well wishes:)

Baby is due sept.28th. We are beyond excited but nervous since I lost my last 2 pregnancies. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and thank you for all the well wishes:)

take it easy, do what the doctor recommends, if you need to use progesterone, then use it, if you need to do pelvic rest then do it. Try to not stress as it will just make it more difficult. I know it's easier said than done, but I've lost 7 and had 5, sooooo, hehehe, not exactly an expert, but I have been there.

Congratulations Dawn!! :) Happy & Healthy 9 months to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->