Driving myself crazy - pregnancy after a preemie

How was the midwife?

Nope my scan is Friday too - but tomorrow I'm 28+0 - when I had DD so I'm going to be one very intolerable happy person.

BP rising again on an evening, 150/112 tonight, but it has been a long day and I'm pretty dehydrated. DD started being incredibly sick at lunchtime, took her to the doctors as she was quite lethargic and just not herself, and turns out she has a really nasty ear infection, so there has been lots of cuddles in between showers to clean off the toddler puke - lovely!

Good - my bp was 142/86 very good for me. And urine clear of protein.

I did mean Friday! Thought it was thurs yesterday (baby brain)!

What times your appt?

Hope your little one is feeling better today. It's awful when they aren't well !

9am, glad to get it out the way. The scan department is actually closed all day for training and a deep clean, but they were nice and agreed to let me in first thing rather than have to come in today for the scan and tomorrow to see the consultant, which is what happened last month. This is the first scan I haven't been really nervous about, which is odd since I've never been this pregnant before.

I felt the same after I got past ds's birth gestation! I have been expecting them to keep me in every time I go but quite chilled about it as I know this one is already bigger.

Wishing you lots of luck. I'm sure everything will be good. Look forward to your update!

Not good news. A lot of resistance through the cord and +1 protein. Bloods taken to confirm if pre-e is there and if so how bad, but I've been given steroids to mature the baby's lungs and the likelyhood is he'll need to be delivered in the next few days. Really upset and shocked, can't believe how quickly it's turned considering I feel fine.

I feel fine because I don't have pre-e!!!!!! I may have told my consultant I loved him when he called to tell me the blood test results were normal. He was quite surprised to be honest, but it's great news. While the flow still isn't good, it's something he expected to happen at some point, so we're now on twice weekly scans and protein tests, and praying hard that things improve or at least stay the same and little (very little!) man can keep on cooking. Go baby!

Keeping everything crossed for you and little man x hope you can keep him in a bit longer then a few days! What is his est weight.

915g on Friday, I have another scan tomorrow. It looks like the resistance is just what they consider to be resistance rather than absent flow, so if it's increased any more tomorrow I'm going to be admitted I think. In some ways that scares me more than having another 28 weeker, DD is so used to being with me all the time, and DH is talking about getting his mother come and stay with her while I'm in hospital. Nice in theory but DD hasn't seen this woman since October and has only met her 3 times in her life, how is she going to take to mama vanishing and a stranger being in her place?

Aw I know :-( it's so difficult having another little one to consider as well. Is there nobody else who she knows a bit more who would step in? I hope they let you go today.

No change on the scan, which is as good as I can hope for really. So I'm free until at least Friday (29+1). My blood tests are still all reassuringly normal too, just wish there was anything I could do to improve the cord flow. I'm just glad nothing got worse, it suggests maybe I can hold on here for a little while rather than it being a definite downhill slope.

Busy day today, whooping cough vaccine, 28 week midwife appointment, dr visit as I seem to have DDs ear infection, acupuncture appointment... this taking it easy thing that worked so well all weekend isn't getting so much of a look in today.

No change on the scan, which is as good as I can hope for really. So I'm free until at least Friday (29+1). My blood tests are still all reassuringly normal too, just wish there was anything I could do to improve the cord flow. I'm just glad nothing got worse, it suggests maybe I can hold on here for a little while rather than it being a definite downhill slope.

Busy day today, whooping cough vaccine, 28 week midwife appointment, dr visit as I seem to have DDs ear infection, acupuncture appointment... this taking it easy thing that worked so well all weekend isn't getting so much of a look in today.

Yeh hopefully! As long as baby is happy they will leave him won't they? I'm keeping everything crossed you get to a week on Friday and he's done some growing. Come on baby!!

Ooh whooping cough vaccine.... I wasn't impressed with that for a few days afterwards. I only had mine last weds.

I can't believe how far we are getting in terms of growth. It's more than I ever imagined I would get with any pregnancy. Went to midwife this morning and she got a ++protein in my sample, so spent about 5hours in triage at the hospital. My urine was clear there though :shrug: bp is increasing though. I think they need to add some more meds in but they haven't suggested anything. I might on Friday.

Just noticed my sig and realised 29 weeks tomorrow - 8 days to goal!!!

BP has actually been coming down the last few days, this morning it was 115/83, which is really low for me for the last 2 months or so. Me being me I now worry it dropping is a problem! Little man has been very quiet the last day or two, but I had a midwife check yesterday and she said his heart rate was perfect.

I think they leave him in until they see absent flow, at which point the plan will be daily scans and yank him out as soon as reverse flow is seen, or at 32 weeks whichever is sooner. I see the consultant Friday so I'm going to ask him to spell out my plan to me then.

All my appointments yesterday were a bit of a shambles, because of the ear infection they nearly wouldn't give me the vaccine, then I had to wait nearly 2 hours for it and by that point I was running late to the midwife and hadn't drunk anything all day so I couldn't give a sample. Acupuncturist cancelled as she was poorly, on one hand I was glad as I was shattered, on the other I could really have done with it as the doctor said yes I have an ear infection, in fact there is evidence of both a viral and bacterial infection, but I'm a big girl and just have to tough it out, so I'm hardly drinking or eating anything as swallowing hurts so much which I know is bad for the baby... argh! Just want someone to take my ear ache away.

Sorry to hear about the protein but at least it was clear at hospital, must have been very worrying though. Have they given a plan for delivery dates yet ie will they look to deliver at 37 weeks or just let you keep going as far as your body wants to go?

Have decided if I make it to 30 weeks I'm going to book a photoshoot for DD and I to get some pics of us and bump to surprise as a gift to hubby, seems like a nice way to celebrate reaching our milestone and the shoot is only about £40. I'm a bit nervous as I'm very self conscious and also booking something even a week in advance seems like tempting fate, but I'd love a nice picture of me with a proper bump and DD, just because I never thought I'd manage it really!

DD's due date was 18th June, which would make me 29+6.... I'm convinced that's when he's coming.

It was just quite stressful with the wait, had to take ds with me and he was shattered but wouldn't sleep. The hospital is about an hour away from me too so also had the travelling zzzzz.

They really need to sort me out tomorrow!

All I know is they won't let me go past 38 weeks. But they think my bp will go haywire before then anyway. When they mentioned 37-38 weeks at the beginning I just sort of ignored it as I thought there is no chance. I can't believe it's in sight

I'm no doctor and don't know you and different people medically but I can't help feeling your bp could have been better controlled. When I went for pre conception advice before we had ds my consultant told me I will run high as my body is used to it and I would feel really bad if it was low. The aim was to keep it within 10 on the bottom line. But the most important thing was to avoid it swinging as that's what can affect the functioning of the placenta.

Any way - I'm pleased 30 weeks is in sight for you and prey blood flow can stay the same and your little man can have a chance of becoming a bigger little man while he is in mummy's tummy. That's a lovely idea for the photo shoot!! Book it if you get a thumbs up tomorrow! :)

Good luck to you today. Hang on in there little man! X

Just got done catching up on this thread! Dinah I remember you from another thread about recurring pre-e and reading about your first experience. Congratulations on making it further already!

I don't know if you remember me at all but I had pre-e with my first and had to have her at 30 weeks. But my pre-e came out of no where, bp was fine all along until one day, it came up a little high at a dr appt, was told to come back in a week to recheck. 3 or 4 days later woke up with blurry vision, super high bp, +++ urine... had my dd 2 days later!

I was definitely worried about having another although I never wanted dd to be an only child. So it was worth it to me to have another, and especially knowing ahead of time to be proactive about it, I felt like I was ready to try again. Dr says there's probably a higher chance of getting it again since I got it so early last time, but that of course there's no way to know. I have my own bp monitor at home and today at 23 weeks I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Which I mean, yes that's good, but we're also still 7 weeks away from when issues started happening the first time, so who knows. I'm just taking my low dose aspirin.

I at least feel much more educated and prepared this time around. Last time felt like such a chaotic and crazy mess and I had no idea what was happening.

I will say that I was more worried earlier on, but I will tell you I have prayed A LOT about it and I feel good. Everything about this pregnancy has been so different so I'm hoping that means good things. I even told God while I was praying that I would be happy to go to 42 weeks and have the worst heartburn and be the most uncomfortable ever if it means I don't get pre-e again lol. Although I'm getting an elective c-section so I guess I won't really go that far over.

Anyway, I hope all is well for you ladies, it sounds like you're all already in better places than with your previous so that's great news! I feel the exact same about getting past the first milestone - when I'm 31 weeks, I will want to throw a party!

Benjamin Alan arrived on Friday 13th June at 2.20pm by emcs. Doppler scan Friday showed reverse flow through the cord so he was delivered 2 hours later. Weighs 2lb 3oz. So far he's done really well, off the vent and onto cpap already. Will try to add a picture when only discharged from hospital.

Congratulations :flower:

I've not had chance t read through your post but my thoughts are with you..
I've been exactly where you are my sons were 34wks, 28wks, 26 wks,36wk( had cervical stitch with him) and life with prem babies is tough but as long as your baby is here you just pray :winkwink:

I battled through pregnancys and just had to be strong and hope and pray all would be ok but it has ups and downs :hugs:

Will pop back on :hugs:

Love to you and your family :hugs:

Congratulations Dinah!! Hope your little one does well, I'll be praying for you guys!

Congrats on your baby boy dinah. Shocked to hear he I already here but sounds like he's doing really well. Hope the nicu journey is as smooth as can be for you all.
How are you doing/feeling?

RcdM congratulations on your pregnancy, hope you get to the heartburn, feeling huge stage! I, to the disbelief of myself and the doctors have. It's so awful yet so nice. Keep us updated on how you get on!

Benjamin Alan arrived on Friday 13th June at 2.20pm by emcs. Doppler scan Friday showed reverse flow through the cord so he was delivered 2 hours later. Weighs 2lb 3oz. So far he's done really well, off the vent and onto cpap already. Will try to add a picture when only discharged from hospital.

Congratulations hun! so sorry you've had another preemie but well done for getting a week further :hugs: Im so glad hes doing so well. lots of love hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->