Driving while very pregnant?

haha I can relate to that!
I had to adjust to parking my land yacht when we bought it. We got it right after we got engaged and I was driving this quite old, quite tiny VW Jetta. I could zip in an out of traffic and slide easily into parking spaces.

I also had to tie myself into the driver's side door and pour a gallon of water in it three times a day. So, you know...it was a trade off!

I drove until the very end last time (40+6) and fitted fine. I'm only 5'2" and have my seat pulled right forward.

I think it does depend on the car though and maybe the person, as I've definitely heard of people being too big to drive at the end. In my antenatal group though we all drove till the end so I think it's more likely you'll be fine.

I'm worrying about this as I am 5' and don't know how long I'll be able to drive for as I sit with my seat as far back as is comfortable. I drive a smart car and so have a reasonably high seating position as they are taller than most smaller cars so may be able to inch back a tiny bit as visibility is good but who knows! x

Ohh don't tell me this! haha I'm trying to pass my bloody driving test pregnant lmao, I'm only 5'1 :/ panic panic !

Drive safely always because this time someone else is with you.

I drove up until about 8 months and 3 weeks last time, but I'm 5ft 71/2 - it was still getting a bit close. I actually stopped driving as I was starting to feel a little disorientated and didn't feel safe! Oh the joys of pregnancy especially towards the very end :D

I'm barely 5'1 and had to stop driving at 33 weeks as I was barely an inch away from the steering wheel. We had only got the car (Vauxhall Zafira) to replace our former one which suffered a premature death a fortnight before. If we'd managed to keep our old car (Vauxhall Vectra) then I would have lasted much much longer. Even though I always need to have the seat all the way forward, there was more space in the old car as the seat was lower down. The new one has a much higher seat which my legs just about copes with.

My best friend was in a fender bender sandwiched between two cars all going less than 30 between two stoplights. Her seat slid forward with impact and her and her passenger's seat both reclined when they slammed backwards. Her car was hardly damaged and drove away from the accident with nothing but a broken taillight. So it does happen.

Sounds like your friends chair wasn't clicked into place correctly. I've had that happen while driving if i've moved forward and not made sure it locked into itself properly.

- I think I might have a similar problem, When I was preggo with DD I didn't think about that as we had a low car that had plenty of room, now we have a Jeep Patriot, and being 5'11 and a large lass, I already feel a bit small in it - didn't even think of how big the gut will be full term and driving! Probably have to get DF to unwedge me out - or just let him drive everywhere for me :p

Ohh don't tell me this! haha I'm trying to pass my bloody driving test pregnant lmao, I'm only 5'1 :/ panic panic !

I learned to drive whilst pregnant! Took me 8weeks and I passed my test at 36 weeks so don't worry! You'll be fine!! Good luck xxxxx

I'm driving a Fiat punto and I have to say for a small car I have a lot of room! I'm 5'4" with short legs and I have my seat almost all the way forward! I think I'll be ok until the little one arrives (which is soon I hope!) x

I always have to sit as far forward as I can, because otherwise I can not reach the clutch!

does your seat move up and down? When i was pregnant the first time around i pushed it back far enough that i could still get to the pedals, but then i couldn't see over the dash so i had to raise my seat. I found that helped. I'm pretty short (5'3) and was able to drive all the way up to the day i gave birth. I wasn't tiny either... i got HUGE.

does your seat move up and down? When i was pregnant the first time around i pushed it back far enough that i could still get to the pedals, but then i couldn't see over the dash so i had to raise my seat. I found that helped. I'm pretty short (5'3) and was able to drive all the way up to the day i gave birth. I wasn't tiny either... i got HUGE.

It doesn't :(

The lumbar thing goes up and down. Like it tilts forward and backward. IDK if it will help.

Any short ladies have trouble driving toward the end?
I am only 5'3" and I drive a manual transmission car. I already have to sit almost all the way up in order to fully depress the clutch. I checked how far back I could go, and I only have about 4 inches before I'm touching the steering wheel with my belly!!:haha:
I have no idea how long it will take to get those four inches, but I think that's going to have to start my maternity leave.
Anyone else perceiving trouble with this task?

LOL This doesn't give me much hope. I'm not even 5'2"!! :rofl:

It doesn't :(

The lumbar thing goes up and down. Like it tilts forward and backward. IDK if it will help.

that stinks... maybe you could sit on an inflatable ring or something if it gets too bad:haha: best of luck to you,

Eh, I'm over it. I think. It will be inconvenient, but that's kind of just being pregnant, right?

My husband and I have talked about it. He used to bike to work all the time, so he'll just bike/bus to work (he works on a university campus, so he basically can't drive there anyway) and I'll stop working then.

I figure if I am too big to drive, I'll be to big to pick kids up, sit on the floor with them or run around with them. If not, then my boss said she would leave to come pick my huge ass up every day just to not have to do without me :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->