Dropped her night feed but not increased day feeds?

gemmaevans

Reaction score
Hi, My little girl (16 weeks) was having 5 feeds a day and varied from 4 to 8 oz, but the last 2 nights she has slept through the night and i have woke her at 7 for a 7.30am feed. i thought she would increase her bottles now she has dropped the night feed but she only had 6oz this morning (last feed was at 7pm last night then 7.30am this morning) and then next feed at 11 she only had 4oz? she seems really happpy in herself. she will have a feed at 3 and then 7, should i be worried and try to fit in another feed somewhere?

Thanks

4 feeds a day does seem a bit too little. Have you tried using a teat with a faster flow rate? What milk does she have?

Hi, that's great your wee precious bundle is sleeping so well. An absolute credit to the great job u are clearly doing. All babies are different and she will know how much she needs. I would let her set the tone and only worry if she loses weight. My daughter goes to see a paediatrician doctor and I asked him about amounts as I have been told so many conflicting stories. He advised me that all babies are different and they will take what they need to grow and if u were bf u wouldn't know how much she was taking. Maybe she's jst getting into her new routine and will take more as time goes on. My hv also gave me the se information and asked me if I ate the same amount at every meal obviously I don't so she said that's ur answer- babies take different amounts at different times of the day due to hunger/ how they feel etc.

Hope this helps! Cm x

Freya did this, which is why I started dream feeding her at 11-11.30pm. She doesn't have a huge appetite and will still only take 5-6oz at every feed. She also goes around 4 hours between feeds, and will absolutely refuse to feed if I try to feed her earlier than this. When she dropped her 3am feed, she was only having 4 feeds a day and wasn't getting enough, so I added the dreamfeed and she has another 5oz at that. I figure that as she's still taking 5oz at that feed she still needs it, and HV reckons she'll start dropping it herself once she's on solids. It is hard work (no more early nights!) but she dropped a centile without it, so I have to do it for now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->