Dropping a bottle at 1?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Caitlins never been a gulper - little fuss pot she is!

At the moment shes on 3 bottles a day but the middle bottle she never seems to bothered with!

She has 8oz in the morning can take anything from 3oz in the afternoon althugh its an 8oz bottle :dohh: ands 8oz at night!

When do you reduce the bottles again?

Or how did you do it at 1?

x

I read something today from Bounty Club that said at 1 you only need to give a pint of milk, but don't know how many oz's that is. It said after one they don't need as much milk, I think it would be about 8oz's, wouldn't it, a pint? Which is around the amount she is having now anyway so mabe she is ready now for you to drop the other bottle.

x

sounds like you could drop the lunchtime one now hun

Ethan as been on 1 bottle morning and night since 11 months but he as never beeen one for his milk

24 oz is a pint but I am sure they will be getting some of that in there normal food

Thinking of offering her full fat milk in the afternoon in her beaker - she is offered and has a bottle of juice to hand all day if shes thirsty so for an hour a beaker of milk will do more good than harm if she wants it eh :D

She might really love full fat milk
Jack drinks about 2 pints a day!!!

No we've had to wean her here too!

At the moment shes 2oz formula 6oz full fat milk started from 6oz formula 2oz full fat milk :dohh:

Dec was on three bottles up until about 2 weeks ago, he just refused his night time bottle, so I put his milk in a sippy and he loved it, then a few days later he refused his nap time one so again I put it in his sippy and again he loved it, so now at 13 months he is only on 1 bottle a day and I am hoping to have him off that before christmas. He still gets about 19ozs of full fat milk a day with another 7ozs to make up his cereal. On my little baby pampers calendar is says from 12 months onwards a toddler only needs 350mls of milk and the rest of his/her fluid intake should be made up of water.

It's always been a fight to get Toby to drink his bottles. He turned 1 last weeked and we started him on full fat cows milk a couple of days before. He is now drinking more milk than he did previously:dohh:

He used to have about 5ozs of the milk I made up for him in the morning, 6ozs at 2pm and 5-7ozs at night. He's now guzzling 8ozs at each feed and asking for more:rofl:. he obviously prefers the cows milk and it's not as "thick" as formula so don't be surprised if she sort of chokes a bit for the 1st couple of days as she adjusts to the faster flow.

I'm gonna start to put Toby's milk in Avent Magicups like I did with Lauren and Abi and I use a Tommee Tippee one for his water so he knows the difference between a milk cup and a drink cup:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->