Dropping milk feeds?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I'm finding this whole weaning thing quite confusing!!

Sophie is now on 3 meals per day and we started introducing meat etc a couple of weeks ago. She was still having all her bottles (7oz x 4 per 24 hours) and I was wondering what would happen with this - people have said she will drop them naturally when she doesn't need them any more but there was no sign of this happening.

Yesterday she had beef casserole for lunch with broccoli and cauliflower - she had I think 3 ice cubes of cassserole and 2 or 3 of veg and she only had about 2oz of milk after that rather than her usual 7. She had all her other milk feeds. Today for lunch she had chicken and veggies - 4 ice cubes total - and she had 4.5oz of milk. Is this her starting to reduce her lunchtime milk feed do you think?

I've been very worried about how much to give her in the way of solids - does it sound like I'm giving her enough? Too much? Will she not eat/drink what she doesn't need?

Also, should I be giving her any kind of water or juice?

I'm feeling quite stressed about the weaning and the health visitor hasn't been much help!

HI hun, you'r doing great, Sounds like she's ready to drop the feed after her lunch, you can offer her water instead of a milk feed as it seems she's drinking some milk of it because of thirst.. You ca give her water with her solids & see how it goes. Omar was only taking few sips with his solids & little water before his breakfast. She doesnt need more than 20 oz of milk at her age. xx

Thank you for asking this! I am so confused with the weaning process as well, obviously I'm not ready to wean but when we are it'd be nice to know what to do! :hugs:

sound slike your both doing great. That is how kacey dropped a feed. I would watch it a littlw while longer but it does sound like her food is fulling her up

Thank you all so much, I've been really worrying about this and really unsure whether I'm giving her the right amounts of solids! The health visitor said I should start introducing snacks too - what kind of things do you give as snacks? xxx

Omar doesnt have snacks. He's a fussy eater & his average is 2 meals per day with 1-2 milk bottles. Finger food like cheese sticks, raw veggies, fruits, yoghurts, rice cakes, & sandwiches are healthy snacks.

:happydance: Katy1310, thank you so much for asking this! My LO is a similar age and I've just been wondering the exact same thing.

In the last couple of days he has started to have just a couple of ounces after breakfast and lunch instead of his usual 7. I think he still gets 20oz most days but I was a bit worried because he only takes a few sips of water with a meal and I wasn't sure if this was to be expected for his age or whether he should be having more water :shrug: - does your LO drink much water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->