• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dropping ozs but not really eating much solids?

pinklizzy

Mummy to two little bears
Reaction score
You'd think I'd know what I was doing by now!
Tristan is nearly 7 months and we've been giving him solids for a month or so now. We did have a period where he slept through the night (about a week!) but usually he wakes about 4-5am for a bottle.
Most of the time we give him finger foods (not strictly BLW as he does have some mashed food and Ella's kitchen fruit pouches) and he's really adventurous about trying things. Going by his nappies he is swallowing some but the majority still ends up on the floor or down the side of the highchair.
I make up a 7oz bottle and he has 4-5 bottles during a day, sometimes he will miss one because he's asleep but now he's only taking roughly 5oz of each bottle.
Since this started he is now waking twice in the night, I will try to resettle him each time but usually after an hour or so of him being awake I will offer him milk and he's hungry. I don't mind getting up to feed him if that's what he needs but I'm not sure if I'm going wrong somewhere as it feels like he takes more milk at night than he does during the day.
I think he's teething which might be it and I most of the time during the day it's just us at home and I turn tv/radio off in case it's distracting him.

Its hard to know what to do. To be honest i think with the blw your not guaranteed their actually going to eat very much i tried it with both my eldest and i didnt like it i prefere to feed them until there a bit more 'advanced' with eating but thats just my personal preference. I would say it does sound like your lo isnt eating enough in the day if he is waking twice now in the night for milk. Maybe you could try a different routine with him? Its so hard to know what to do really isnt it. x

I could've written this! My little boy is just not into his milk since we've started solids (do blw). I feel a bit lost with when I should be offering milk and feel like it's total guesswork!

I wish I had more of an idea too! I've started giving him more purees alongside finger foods and he is eating more (although not massive amounts) but he's still drinking a couple of oz less of each feed during the day and at the same time wanting 2-3 feeds at night. It really feels like he drinks the most during the night and I don't know where I'm going wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->