drs appt help!!!

Strawberry85

Reaction score
I have made an appt tonight at 5:10pm at drs tonight with a newish female dr at my surgery. Last time I spoke to my old dr about my PCOS was when he told me to lose weight 18 months ago... when he took me off metformin after having me on it 4 weeks.

I dont know what to ask for or what I can suggest to my new dr.

I have been TTC for 3 years now, I have not seen Gynae for 3 years now either, not even when I was in hospital 2 years ago with severe abdo pain. The only thing I have to do with my Drs with my PCOS is when I have a very bad bleed and have to have hormone tabs to stop me bleeding.

I want to have a scan hopefully and see Gynae now I lost 5st.. which the gynae wouldnt recognise this loss.. and some treatment to help with my excessive hair and ovulating and to see if I do ovulate.

What kind of tests are there they do?

Please help me im confused and theres 4 hrs before im in her office sweating wandering what to say.. I want to get as much out of this appt as possible concidering im having time off work for it.

Sammy xXx

Make notes, tell her all this. Quite frankly go in there and refuse to leave until she refers u again. good luck. XXX

thanks, I will.

I was wandering what medication there is that can help me with PCOS. I know the dr can prescribe me Metformin but last time I was never told what Metformin helps with.

Im confused.. and what tests there are that can be done for PCOS sufferers.

Strawb...

Metformin (Glucophage) is increasingly being used to address the symptoms associated with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), a disorder marked by a wide range of symptoms that may include menstrual irregularity, infertility, obesity, hirsutism (excess body hair) and/or acne. Most studies have shown metformin to be useful at lowering the elevated male hormone levels involved in PCOS. This induces weight loss, normalizes blood lipids and restores regular menstrual cycles in up to 85 percent of the women using it for six months. However, it does not work for all women. About 20-30 percent of women are unable to tolerate the medication due to upset stomach, nausea or diarrhea. Of those who do continue to take the medication, along with modifying diet and beginning a mild exercise program, about half can see fairly dramatic results in one or all of their PCOS symptoms. Unfortunately, others find little or no benefit to its use.

I've found it really good but not everyone does and i'm surprised you were taken off after just 4 weeks!

as above it doesn't work for veryone but certainly worth more than a 4 week shot, took nearly 3 months for me to see the results!

as for tests, it is usual to have a Lap which looks at the cysts on your ovaries etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->