Drug cost....never had IVF before

Fallon01

Reaction score
I have been looking at the price of ICSI at our local nhs hospital Birmingham women's. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than private clinics with ICSI priced at around £2650. What I would like to know though is before you sign consent and pay for all the treatment how can they tell you how much the drug cost will be in advance? Do you have blood tests ect to give them an idea of the drugs you'll need before you sign and pay for all your tremtnent?
TIA xx

Wow. That is cheap! At my clinic, I had a baseline scan and then the doctor told me what my protocol would be and gave me the prices. I was on top dose menopur. It cost around £1800 for the drugs x

It is really cheap, I'm guessing that it must be because it's connected to the nhs. I remember seeing that their drug cost ranges between 800-1000 depending on the needs of the woman so all in all would be looking at around £3500 with highest drug package. So did you have the scan before you signed and payed for treatment? I'm just wondering whether it's worth booking a first consultation with them now even though we aren't ready to start treatment yet we need some idea of what the end cost will be. Xx

Yeah, you'll probably have to pay for an initial consult/scan/blood tests. This cost around £750 at my clinic. Then you'll get a costing for your protocol x

I have been looking at the price of ICSI at our local nhs hospital Birmingham women's. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than private clinics with ICSI priced at around £2650. What I would like to know though is before you sign consent and pay for all the treatment how can they tell you how much the drug cost will be in advance? Do you have blood tests ect to give them an idea of the drugs you'll need before you sign and pay for all your tremtnent?
TIA xx
We're passing DE IVF in Ukrainian clinic. Booked 5 shots program for 9900 euro. The package price includes all meds needed. So this was the great sigh of relief for us this time as we had to look for them ourselves all the previous times. I guess these options depend on a place you're with. Don't they say about the meds cost during initial consultation?
Wish you good luck with your research :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->