Dry, cracked feet?

myra

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a pregnancy thing or because I've been on bed rest for a couple weeks or unrelated to it all....but the bottom of my feet are SO dry and scaly-not a pretty sight!

Are any of you experiencing this? And if so, any solutions? Because I'm on bed rest, I can't really soak my feet in warm water or bend over and use a pumice stone to clean them up....

Mine were horrible. I had to go get a pedicure to do anything about it and it hasn't even been a week and they are drying up again. No advice as to how to help it. I try to wear socks but end up taking them off because how hot I get. Sorry I don't have a cure but at least you know you're not alone!

Yes - I assumed it was all the extra weight?!

I'm going try my old trick of covering my heels in vaseline or foot cream and then sleeping in socks I think as the weathers getting warmer here and can't be hiding in boots!

Eucerin foot cream with 10% urea is great for cracked heel and dry feet. Xxx

Me too! They were the same when i was pregnant with eva too. Mine get terribly itchy as well - I tell hubby it's his part of the pregnancy to give my feet a good scratch / rub every evening befor bed :haha: I find a heavy moisturiser (i use palmers coco body butter) under cotton socks at night helps, as does a soak in my foot spa once or twice a week. :shrug:

I have this ALL THE TIME! I went to a podiatrist who removed some of the dead skin and told me to buy RevitaDerm 40 (40% urea) cream and use it with Pedinol sleep-n-heel socks at night. It helped somewhat but I don't think anything beats a good pedicure with callous removal!

Thanks! Good to know its a pregnancy thing and hopefully will get better after giving birth. I'll have OH bring me some Vaseline or cream here in the hospital and try putting it on overnight w socks. Then once I'm discharged, a good pedicure and haircut are in order!! :)

I use this https://www.neutrogena.com/product/foot+cream.do - and I do the sock thing too! Take a shower, rub this all over your heels. I wrap my feet in saran wrap and then put on socks, so it's a little less messy if I have to get up and go pee. Worked in 1 day for me. And now I just use it weekly as a lotion.

OMG my heels are so cracked and the sides of my feet are dry too :( have never had this before, glad I'm not the only one!

I'm getting a parrafin pedicure soon and gellish on my toes so hopefully this will sort them out and be a nice treat at the same time.

Lol. I just got a vision of this tv advert reading your post title. I do but I get it anyway to a degree, especially in summer when wearing flip flops. I just buy like a pumice thing but on a stick. I can reach is a get flexible and bend my legs to the side sorta thing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->