Dry Pailing smell....

redpoppy

Reaction score
So the bucket didn't smell in the corner of the room and luckily holds in all foulness but the moment I open it it REEEEEEEEEKS!

Is this normal?

I've cleaned the bucket out after emptying it but wondered if the smell was normal? :blush:

I use tea tree oil whenever I put a nappy in the bucket and only smell that when I open it :D

Mine doesnt smell at all but I think most people have different experiences of it depending on their baby. Try sticking some fragrances in there :)

I use tea tree oil whenever I put a nappy in the bucket and only smell that when I open it :D

DO you just put a few drop neat in the bucket or on the nappy or something else?

I've heard a good trick is to put some oil (tea tree or lavender etc) on a panty liner and stick it to the lid!

^^ i do this, iuse a bit iof both and also on the mesh bag. i really notice the difference when i forget!!

I put tea tree oil on a wipe and leave it at the bottom of the bucket.

I have a flannel at the bottom of the pail, underneath the net bag (so stays in there and doesn't get washed as often when net bag containing nappies is removed) which I've put lavender and tea tree oil on. I only smell this when I open the lid

I used a flannel/sock before but asked today and someone suggested the pantyliner, so that what is stuck on there now with lavender tea tree and citronella!

Do you wash the poo off before putting in the bucket - because that will make the bucket smell absolutely disgusting!

i put mine on a panty liner on the lid and just add to it :D

I used a flannel/sock before but asked today and someone suggested the pantyliner, so that what is stuck on there now with lavender tea tree and citronella!

Do you wash the poo off before putting in the bucket - because that will make the bucket smell absolutely disgusting!

As in do I wash the nappy with poo on it? Because i don't. I just stick the whole think in the bucket. :shrug: Will try sticking a flannel at teh bottom with tea tree oil on it. Hopefully that will work. :thumbup:

I dont rinse nappies either and my bucket doesnt smell at all....some babies obviously have smellier poop than others :rofl:

haha my friend thought that - until I walked in her nursery and nearly passed out from the smell - some people are immune to their own babies poop smell lol

I have visitors in my house that sit RIGHT NEXT to the nappy bucket and they dont notice it :rofl:

I never smell anything till it is full and I am emptying it into the washing machine. THEN it's strong ammonia. There isn't ever a pooey smell, even though I am not thorough when I rinse the pooey nappies (and there are usually a lot of them). I put lavender oil in the bottom of the pail and a panty liner with lavender inside the lid.

I have visitors in my house that sit RIGHT NEXT to the nappy bucket and they dont notice it :rofl:

Yeah, you can't smell mine till you open it up and then its :sick:

I can't really imagine putting a panty liner in there as I come from a rather prudish family. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->