Dry, peeling skin on bbs

Aphy

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just checking if my body is being weird or is this a known pregnancy thing...I am 17+1 weeks and for the past week or so I have noticed the skin on my bbs looking very dry despite using cream practically every night. Last night I noticed the skin is actually peeling as if I had sunburnt it. I have been using specific body cream to prevent stretch marks on my stomach and bbs recently which is supposed to be more moisturizing but still the dryness. Any other experiences of this?

I'm getting dry, rough skin on my face right now. Especially my cheeks.

I'd think those pesky hormones are causing both our issues.

I'm also getting dry skin on my hands and face particularly my nose and sides of my mouth. I'm also blaming these hormones :roll:

I have sunburn like peeling skin on my forehead and nose? I usually have skin on the oily side but it's swung the other way in pregnancy! I use a moisturiser but it's still pretty dry! Sounds like it's probably nothing to worry about but no harm is asking your doc/midwife to have a look if you are concerned at all!

Repeated moisturizer use has a tendency to block the skin's ability to self-manage. Try drinking more water, making sure the humidity is higher (40% is a good level) where you are. and take fewer baths or showers. (water and soap are dehydrating) Also, don't soap your nipples or areola, it's drying. While pregnant, your body grows something called Montgomery tubercles around your nipple, which produce lubrication and moisturizer that keep your skin around there hydrated. (if you've got shiny spots around the nipple like I do, you can assume they're working.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->