Dry skin? 3 wk old

Flower

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Jensen has a bit of dry skin on his legs and hands, not sure if this is normal - it doesn't look too bad to me - but just wondering should I go to Dr's incase it gets worse, or whether to put some kind of cream on it?

He's only 3 weeks old, so have been washing him in water.

What do you think?

Its completely normal if you want to put anything on it then try olive oil. Thats what my doc and HV recommended to me.

:D

Its completely normal if you want to put anything on it then try olive oil. Thats what my doc and HV recommended to me.

:D

I second that - we used extra virgin olive oil too from the first week. Avoid anything perfumed - even baby oil.

you can even use it for cradle cap too...brilliant stuff olive oil. So many uses....lol

Salim was born with very dry skin and it has only just gone now. I was told vaseline, baby oil and olive oil by midwifes and health visitors. My anties baby was in special care and had dry skin and they gave her a cream called yellow parrafin, sounds awful but I asked health visitor if I could use a bit of that and she said yes. It cleared up within a day. See if you could get some prescribed for you.

We used baby oil, just a couple of drops in the bath water and it seemed to clear up :)

xxx

we used baby oil too. After he was born, Alasdair had really bad dry skin around his ankles. I think it was quite close to cracking and bleeding. We were told olive oil but I tried baby oil first (sounds awful, but it's cheaper and we are poor...). I would've got olive oil if the baby oil hadn't worked.

grape seed oil, did the trick after one application!!

i use a cream called -elsano which my doc recomended. Ted has always had dry skin. Doc also suggested that if this moisturizer didnt work I could try almond oil.

Thanks guys!

Also went to the baby clinic today to get baby weighed & asked HV about Jensen's skin, she recommended what you've all said. So I'll pop some baby oil on when I next change his botty.

Thanks again for all your super advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->