Dry through the night..advice please.

Elli21

Reaction score
My little girl is 3 in a few weeks, yet she still wears a nappy to bed.
Today she went for a nap, as she had a late night the night before, and i forgot to put a nappy on her, she woke up and said "need a wee" and went to the loo...
I dont know whether thats a sign that she is ready to go through the night without a nappy on??

Im worried that if she needs a wee thru the night, which she will, as her nappy always has one or two wee's in in the morning, if she'll go back to sleep.

How did you go about the thru the night thing??

Sometimes if they're wearing a nappy they'll still do a pee in it because they're wearing it if that makes sense. I'd give it a go without the nappy for a couple of days and see how it goes.

Yea i'd go for it. Just make sure you've got a decent waterproof mattress protecter and be prepared for any extra washing. Don't know from experience but my sis not long back has just been through with her lil girl x x

I just tried my little boy without a nappy on, he was fine, give it a go xx

give it a go hun, what my mate did with her lil girl was about 10 she would pick her lil girl out her bed and put her on the toilet she would kinda wake up do a wee and that would keep her dry until morning

yep I just went for it and took the risk and most times it paid off :blush:

Ok - thankyou everyone - tonight is the night!! Lets see if it works :)

Well, we had a paddy last night as leigha wanted a nappy on, so i thought that it must not be the right time...

BUT tonight she has no nappy on and shes in bed watching a film...whether or not she will stay in bed without a nappy on i dont know, but it is looking promising!

:)

how did you get on ? were going through potty training now will be a while b4 we have the nappyless nigths but its interesting to read how to go about it. hope it was a good night xxxx

Ok - so she fell asleep without a nappy on even though after her film she wasnt keen on the idea.
At 11pm, as i was going to bed, i took her to the loo, she screamed the housedown..shes kinda like me, she hates to be woken!! She didnt go to the loo but she sat on it and tried. So she went back to bed and at 3am, OH woke up to take her to the loo as she was making moaning noises...so we thought she'd wet the bed.
She hadnt, but she refused to go on the toilet and begged for a nappy on, OH put a nappy on her!!!! :grr:
So tonight ill try again!! Im not giving up!!

keep trying you'll ge tthere, maybe just leave her and see how she gets on, if she does wet the bed its not the end of the world just whip the sheets off and put some fresh ones on, at least then you'll learn if she can hold it thru the night or not, i think with a nappy there they wee becuase they know its there xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->