• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DS brought home a potato. Does anyone know why? Or what it is meant to do?

DCS

Reaction score
Picked ds up from science club and he hands me a potato with a straw going through it. He said I wasn't allowed to eat it or cook it. I questioned what it was for and he said for display. His friends dad asked his kid the same questions. What is it for? Nothing. What does it do? Nothing.
I'm totally confused as to what this potato is for or what they would have been leaning about.
It's a white potato if that makes a difference. And the straw is green and white. All the other kids had one too.
It's driving me mad not knowing what it's for. Any ideas?

Is it this - https://www.sciencekids.co.nz/experiments/stabapotato.html

Thanks. Will question him again tomorrow. I saw this earlier, but I assumed it would have been something to do with solids and liquids like the did last week.

Could you ask the teacher in the morning? :haha:

It was a different teacher that runs the science club. After much questioning he he told me he had to cut the potato with a straw. I'm guessing it's the same thing as the link above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->