DS help for a technically challenged thicko

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Hi all well my Dad has a DS and i was looking for one of those training games for him for xmas....he has the brain one. Anyway whats the difference between DS and DS lite? :blush: will both types of games work on both consoles? DOH help please xxx

Ok Im no expert about DS's but I think the games can be played in either the ds or ds lite, the only difference between them is the ds lite is smaller and like an upgrade to the ds, someone please correct me if Im wrong:dohh:

think both the games work on both consols xx

hi games work on both. ds lite is just the newer version. i have a ds lite and my ohs little girl has a ds and we always swap games. i got the brain training games and they're fantastic

I've a few brain training games, some are better than others but they all get tedious quite quickly. I'd recommend Professor Layton and the Curious Village (or something like that) where there is a story and puzzles to solve. It's way more fun than the samey brain training ones.

yep the ds lite is just the newer version of the ds - it is lighter and has different back ground lighting i do believe. the games will work on both :)

I've a few brain training games, some are better than others but they all get tedious quite quickly. I'd recommend Professor Layton and the Curious Village (or something like that) where there is a story and puzzles to solve. It's way more fun than the samey brain training ones.

Thankyou,i looked at a review of it and it seems like a game my dad will love....it says its released in November though? is that right or is that a newer version etc?

Oo! That's exciting, must be a new one! I did know there would be sequels. Get the old one first, be cheaper too!

Hmm... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000U5W3IW It does seem to be the same, DH must've got mine imported. I'll try and find out where from!

DH says there is no region coding on DS so doesn't know why there is a Nov release date. You can get it here it looks like: https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/NintendoDSw58uhhs061/Professor-Layton-and-The-Curious-Village but I dunno if that's the best price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->