DS nearly five and horrible!

Shinning_Star

WTT for a possible no4???
Reaction score
Well ok he's not horrible but he's changed sooo much!

I may be being a bit of a worry wart, what with new baby on the way and finally moving in with a daddy figure for him. I just worry I'm doing the right thing by him, cos when it was just us two he seemed so much better behaved, but then he didn't go to school then either.

We moved in with DF last June I fell pregnant in July. Baby is due in April a few weeks before son's birthday but he seems fine abt the baby, infact even quite excited about being a big brother. DF has a daughter who is 7 and a half and we have her mon-fri. generally son gets on with her, but recently he's been awful!

It has only been the last few weeks I've noticed it majorly at home, and I keep wracking ym brains for an incident hat may have affected him, but he is completly attitudal, doesn't listen to anything that is said, has turned into a boy who is hyper and running around mad! He appears to have no respect for DF if he tells him off he just back chats and says he's telling mummy of him. To which I dn't take my sons side even if I don't agree with what has been done, cos I know we can't be seen to undermine one another. He backchats me, and has started slapping too. It's like he's compeltly idle and is full of tension he needs to let go of.

My son has to share a room with DF's daughter as we only have a 2 bed right now but we are working on that one trying to seell this place so they can have their own space.

All week he has been being nasty/idle to df's daughter and df's daughter thinks it's great and goes on to make a fuss of even silliest things so he gets told off, although alot of the time he does deserve it but it's just not a major thing. I just feel like I'm constantly trying to defend my son to DF and stand up for him but he's not making his case very easy!

It's so weird cos things were goin well, he wld hav odd day but then all wld be fine and the same with df's daughter, they'd generally get on with it stay out of oneanothers way. It's only bee the last two weeks he seems to have gone back to what he was like when we first moved in with DF and daughter and I am sooo confused and worried there's something bothering him.

Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced a sudden change in their five years olds, or know of any problems he may be having. Or maybe just tell me it is normal and I'm not scarring him for life!

He's doing well at school although the teacher says she has similar problems, an enigma were her words. Some days he can be the brightest kid in class, and other days he complelty looses it, is really silly or goes completly withi himself and hears nothing, no instructions anything, he takes himself out of the school situe and kinda just sits there, even at home time all kids can be getting coats to go home and he just sits there, vacantly.

I do worry about him, obvs all I want iss for him to be happy and balenced, and I'm just so concerend right now, over how hes feeling abt DF (who has taken on a dad role, he has no contact wth his dad but has a strong bond with my dad his grandad.) how he feels abt DF's daughter and the whole new baby issue. I just have no idea whats going on in his little mind and whether he's playing up for sake of playing up, (previously completly out of his nature) or if he really is worrying or not happy abt something.

Anyway sorry as I say maybe pregnant ramblings but any isights wld be appreicated.

I don't have much experience with 5 year olds, sorry, but it does sound as if he's just doing whatever he can to get your attention. He probably doesn't see that moving in with your DF and his daughter will be a great family life for you all, and I'm sure he'll get used to it in time. I'm sure it's nothing against your DF or his daughter, but he's been used to it just being the two of you and probably resents the fact that he now has to share your attention.

Maybe some days out or time spent with just the two of you would help - obviously I'm not suggesting you don't have as much time for him any more, but it can't be easy to go from getting all the attention all of the time to not, if that makes sense. Even just an hour every night or a couple of hours on a Saturday when you can have time that's just about you and him with no other distractions? x

could be that it's just alot for him to take in. Things will improve :) Maybe i am wrong... maybe it's not that...maybe it's an age thing.... I couldnt say that my daughter changed at that age.... she seems to have changed into a stroppy teenager (even tho shes only coming up 7) for as long as I can remmeber! lol

Good luck with it all tho! I am sure things will soon calm down :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->