DSi / 3DS Owners

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
I am probably gonna be getting my DD one for her birthday, she had a DS Lite when she was younger but broke it :dohh:

Anyways just not sure which one to get? It seems for some reason the DSi is dearer than the 3DS???? And am I right in understanding you can play normal DS games on the 3DS?

XX

I am buying my eldest daughter a 3ds for her birthday, because there are more options for games and you can turn the 3d section off, i was told you can play any ds games on it.

She does already have a DSI Xlarge but my youngest daughter will have that so i am only buying the 3ds on the basis i was told you can play all ds games on it that way they can share the games iykwim.

I am buying my eldest daughter a 3ds for her birthday, because there are more options for games and you can turn the 3d section off, i was told you can play any ds games on it.

She does already have a DSI Xlarge but my youngest daughter will have that so i am only buying the 3ds on the basis i was told you can play all ds games on it that way they can share the games iykwim.

I've just done a bit of googling and it looks like you can play the normal games on the 3ds too :thumbup:

xx

I'd get the 3ds. You can play all the older games on it plus the new ones which aren't backwards compatible with the dsi

I got a 3ds for hubby for christmas and he loves it, there is so much you can do with it.
Lo has inherited his ds with the larger screen for when hes a bit older.
Just a word of warning though there is warnings on it not suitable for children under 7 because the 3d is realy bad for developing eye sight, we have to turn the 3d off everytime lo comes over to try playing with it but hes learnt where the slider is, also it can cause quite a bit of motion sickness especialy with the younger ones.
I cant play it more then about 10 minutes wirhout feeling sick

Ive got a 3ds and would recommend it. You can play both 3ds and normal ds games on it

I got a 3ds for hubby for christmas and he loves it, there is so much you can do with it.
Lo has inherited his ds with the larger screen for when hes a bit older.
Just a word of warning though there is warnings on it not suitable for children under 7 because the 3d is realy bad for developing eye sight, we have to turn the 3d off everytime lo comes over to try playing with it but hes learnt where the slider is, also it can cause quite a bit of motion sickness especialy with the younger ones.
I cant play it more then about 10 minutes wirhout feeling sick

Thanks for this, I have read this elsewhere too.

It will be her 7th birthday so should be ok but tbh she will probably play more normal games on it than 3d ones as she wants the Hello Kitty and Barbie games which are normal.

Only reason I was gonna get the 3ds is because I've found it cheaper than I can find the dsi :shrug: and I suppose at least then she can play 3d games if she wants too

Xx

Have a look in game as you can get pre owned ones alot cheaper

My daughter is going to be 7 to x

Yup you can play regular DS games on the DSi and 3DS, obviously not the other way round i.e. no 3D games on the DSi or the Lite. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->