Due 13th October 2012

littlejen89

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am due 13 October 2012 and I am looking to see who else is due then :)

Hi, I am due on the 11th October with my 2nd child. =)

Hi! I'm due on October the 13th also! This is my first bub :flower:

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Are you scared about giving birth? I am so scared it's untrue, and I spoke to my midwife today and she just said she'd talk to me about it nearer the time, but I felt like she just wanted to laugh at me! I am not very good with pain and im only 5ft so not sure i'll be able to have a natural birth as my pelvis seems quite small. I just keep thinking it can't be that bad if other women have more than one child...SammieB86 - how was your first experience giving birth?

I am also going to be a single parent so I have no partner to share my experience with.

Hey, I'm due on the 10th of October. First baby very excited and nervous at the same time

xox

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Are you scared about giving birth? I am so scared it's untrue, and I spoke to my midwife today and she just said she'd talk to me about it nearer the time, but I felt like she just wanted to laugh at me! I am not very good with pain and im only 5ft so not sure i'll be able to have a natural birth as my pelvis seems quite small. I just keep thinking it can't be that bad if other women have more than one child...SammieB86 - how was your first experience giving birth?

I am also going to be a single parent so I have no partner to share my experience with.

Hey hun, I think every woman gets scared about giving birth at some stage in their pregnancy. I am scared and nervous again and I know what to expect this time around. I am only about 5'5 and I was worried aswell about whether or not I was going to be able to deliver naturally. I ended up having an emergency caesarian due to my pelvis being too small and my boys heart rate dropped dramatically. Dont mean to scare you girls though but its good to go into labour with your eyes open so you know what to expect. I had an interesting first experience but it was all good and worth it in the end.
I have to have an elective caesarian with this child and children in the future aswell though coz of my pelvis being to small to deliver naturally so in a way its a good thing coz I wont have to go through the whole labour process again. I just get booked in and then go straight to surgery.

Does it hurt when you have the epidural for the c-section? I am not very good with pain, i'll be fine once the baby is in my arms but because I don't know what to expect I am more nervous. You're right though, everyone will be nervous even people who have done it before. I have just all these fears going through my head and my midwife didn't help just saying we'll talk about it nearer the time. Sometimes I just sit in bed petrified at the thought of it. I guess once I go into labour though I just have to go with whatever happens. I think I am more nervous also because I am not with the dad anymore and not sure I want my mum in the room with me when I give birth so bit worried I may be alone

Hi

I am due my first October 17th, I am hoping for a home birth! Everyone thinks I am mad but I dont react well to drugs or hospitals e.t.c so I figure natural may be easier and safer for me!..

Am dreading needing anu medical intervention especially c section!

I am 5ft 4 and slim abt 8stone 5 pre preg.....

Am sure we just have to go with it and what will be will be, I am keeping an open mind but hoping to stay at home!

Does it hurt when you have the epidural for the c-section? I am not very good with pain, i'll be fine once the baby is in my arms but because I don't know what to expect I am more nervous. You're right though, everyone will be nervous even people who have done it before. I have just all these fears going through my head and my midwife didn't help just saying we'll talk about it nearer the time. Sometimes I just sit in bed petrified at the thought of it. I guess once I go into labour though I just have to go with whatever happens. I think I am more nervous also because I am not with the dad anymore and not sure I want my mum in the room with me when I give birth so bit worried I may be alone

I dont really remember if the epidural hurt though. I dont think it did. It think it was just like a needle and it kicks in pretty much straight away which stops you from feeling all pain from waist down. I had the epidural before I even knew I was going to be having a caesarian because I couldnt stand the pain. I had a back labour meaning all the pain was in my back with every contraction and hurt like hell. I use to suffer alot of period pain before I fell pregnant with my 4 year old and contractions were like 10x my period pain. But honestly you barely even think about the pain coz you are more focused on delivering your baby. You will be fine. Maybe you need a different midwife if she wont even talk to you about it now coz they are suppose to talk to you about and answer all your questions from the start.
I honestly suggest that you have someone with you when you are in labour coz being your first time aswell you will be scared and need someone for support. I had my sister with me and my partner but when I went into surgery I could only have one person so of course I choose my partner there. If you do choose to have your mum or someone in the room with you though and are worried about them seeing your privates etc then just tell them clearly that you DO NOT want them seeing your privates. I was very shy about that and to this day I am still embarrassed that everyone seen my parts including the doctor and midwives. LOL but its natural with child birth. You will have everyone in and out the whole time checking to see how dilated you are etc. But dont stress. Child birth is a beautiful thing and as soon as your beautiful bub is born you dont worry about any of the other stuff. xx

I know this is quite a stupit question but... when do you start to get stuff in like pram, cot etc?

xox

I was a bit stupid really, I saw a bargain of a pram and car seat when I was about 10 weeks and just couldn't resist buying it. However I haven't kept it at my house, it's at my friends at it's meant to be bad luck to keep it at your own house. My mum has my old cot from when I was little and it's lovely so i'm going to have that too. I think mainly though they say after your 20 week scan but don't quote me on it :) x

i think its normally after 12 or 13 weeks that you can start buying stuff coz then you are onto your 2nd trimester and theres isnt that great risk of having a miscarriage. I already had my sons cot and carseat and I bought a change-table & bassinet 2 weeks ago when I was 14 weeks so really all I need now is nappies, wipes, baby products, etc and to find out the sex and if bub is a girl then im going to need to buy clothes and bedding for her but if bub is a boy then I have all my sons good baby clothes and blue cot sheets, etc. So I pretty organized already. Oh and my sister is buying me a new pram. I already have 2 but going to give them away coz I want a new one. But mainly got everything sorted coz I know what to expect this time round. Have you girls got much stuff sorted for bub yet?

Thankyou girls. I just have clothes in at the moment well to be honest my mum and OH mum have went wild and bought clothes we haven't really bought anything yet. I have saw a few good deals for prams etc but I think I'll wait till my 20 week scan then start to get everything in and sorted.

Thats good then if you are having a little boy you have stuff there you can use lol.

xox

Hey girls, just checking in. Been a hectic week or so for me. Busy at work, OH lost his job and I'm still struggling with MS all day and night and now insomnia!! Arghhhhhh!! :cry:
haha sorry about the sob story :wacko:

How is everyone doing? I still haven't felt bub yet (at least i don't think i have) I feel really tired, I'm hoping i get that nice glow and energy burst that everyone tells me to expect.
How's baby bumps going?
I can't wait to have a proper bump and not look like i just ate alot of cakes :winkwink:
anyway girlies take care and lots of love xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->