Due date confusion..help anyone??

78jlm

Reaction score
Hi all

I went to have my 12 week scan on Friday 11th December and the sonographer measured me at 10 weeks. I had my first day of LMP on 18th September and conceived on the 2nd October. I am certain I ovulated 1st October. So why would my due date be 9th July? instead of 25th June?

is this to due with implantation??

HELP anyone?? I'm confused and worried:nope:

Were you temping? Is that why you're sure you ov'd on Oct. 1st? If not then it is possible you ov'd later than you think you did. If you were temping I don't have an answer for you. As long as bean is healthy and they heard the heartbeat I wouldn't worry.

the first day of my lmp was on october 2nd. they pinned my due date on july 9th. don't know how they worked that out lol

Thats why I'm confused, can only think its to do with ovulation/implantation. Will check with the doctor but wondered if anyone else had a similar experience. thanks

the first day of my lmp was on october 2nd. they pinned my due date on july 9th. don't know how they worked that out lol

There must be something in it as my lmp was 3rd oct and they've put my edd as 10th July! Midwife used this disc thing to check! I thought I was due 4 days later!

My LMP was 18 Sept and I ov'd on 5th Oct (temping) and my EDD (which keeps moving around depending on who I talk to, I don't pay it any attention really, Baby is going to come out whenever anyhow) is somewhere between 23rd and 28th of June.

When i spoke to the nurse on my first appointment at 8 weeks she said there was no point measuring me/weighing me as it all goes on the scan now and what size baby is, so maybe some babies are just slow growers than others thats when your dates might not work out? if that makes sense, i dont know!!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I went to my doctor today and there can be many reasons for this and it is common. Main theory is either the baby is slow growing due to implamantation of the egg taking longer than average, hence the due date being behind. It can also be the fact that I may have ovulated later but more than likely egg has taken a while to travel down the tubes and become an embryo. All the same I feel much better now..

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I went to my doctor today and there can be many reasons for this and it is common. Main theory is either the baby is slow growing due to implamantation of the egg taking longer than average, hence the due date being behind. It can also be the fact that I may have ovulated later but more than likely egg has taken a while to travel down the tubes and become an embryo. All the same I feel much better now..

That's helpful to know. My early scan put me a week behind what I thought.:-k

There seems to be a few instances of this on the forum lately, I fully expect my EDD to change next week at our 12 week scan. Although we had a scan a 8+2 we have no idea what my LMP was as I haven't had AF for 8 years :wacko: so depending on how slow/quick baby is growing it could be different next week, my mw is convinced it's a June baby!
It's nice to know that the doctor has said it's common, helps stop us all worrying if the scan isn't what we expect x

My LMP was September 14th. I had an early scan on November 13th which put me back one week. I had my dating scan on December 4th and my dates were all back on track according to my LMP. I had another scan this morning and they dated me at eactly what I should be according to my dating scan earlier this month - 12 weeks 6 days today. My due date is June 23rd. Your due date of June 25th sounds pretty correct to me...

That is interesting. I had my 8 week scan almost 4 weeks ago and they told me that my due date is July 4th. My 12 week scan is this coming Monday so will see what they say then.

Let me know how you go with your scan, the more feedback the more knowledge we all have on this.

Apparently the first trimester scans are very accurate, in saying that I tend to agree that my due date is 25th June. If you know your body well then you're likely to know when you ovulate and also I am certain of my conception date and LMP. I won't be suprised if this is a June baby. The doctor said sometimes the implantation can take longer than average, and thats normal, it can take as long as 12 days for some girls.
He compared it to planting 6 trees, some will grow at the same stage others grow faster or slower its really up to nature to decide!! Good theory. Either way as long as the baby is healthy it makes no difference. He also said you have to be ovulating to conceive so its likely I was correct with the ovulation date, its all to do with the implantation stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->