Due date doldrums - normal?

D

dizz

So apparently tomorrow I would have been due to give birth. I know babies rarely arrive on their due date, and she's here and healthy and (relatively - not right now when mum wants her to sleep and she's got other ideas) happy - but crikey it's throwing me so much mentally getting past that milestone... it's raked up all the feelings surrounding her birth again and all those "why us" feelings - we went through years of infertility, miscarriages, SPD all pregnancy and then life chucked in the prematurity thing to deal with as well.

Feeling really quite angry and jealous of those who actually GOT the final weeks of their pregnancy, got the nesting, got the phonecalls from family wanting to know if the baby's there yet, got the final weeks of wiggles and the baby dropping and stuff... it's just all being raked up by the due date coming round. Added to which my angel baby appears to have been temporarily replaced by Very Angry Projectile Vomiting Growth Spurt Monster (TM) Child this weekend and it's all just crap. Oh and my PC died and is in for repairs, with all my maternity notes scanned in on it - so I can't start on the complaint about how hideously the hospital treated us either.

Bleh guess it's just a vent.

My twin boys were born about 3 months early. They turn 1 this Thursday and are amazingly healthy and don't have any issues. Even with all that I still get upset when I see someone go full term for all those reasons you listed and more. It's worse when I see or here about someone making it full term with twins especially if there's no bed rest or hospital admits to stop preterm labor involved. I probably sound awful but I know how you feel! :hugs:

Big massive hugs :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->