Due date tomorrow - suddenly panicking and need some positive vibes!

bobbyrabbit

Mum to 1 gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Hi all

I am due tomorrow (1st baby) and am planning a natural water birth at a midwife led birth centre which is just a few minutes from my house. Should I need to be transferred for any reason, the hospital is about 15 minutes away by ambulance.

Throughout my pregnancy I haven't been nervous at all about giving birth and feel very much that this is what our bodies are designed for and have actually been looking forward to it a bit. I have been doing natal hypnotherapy cds and reading Ina May etc.

However I suddenly feel panicked about both giving birth and something going wrong which means I need an emergency transfer to the hospital. I think these fears have stemmed from 2 girls in my NCT class whose births did not go at all to plan and had quite traumatic emergency situations.

Please can someone reassure me with some positive stories!! I know that if I am worried when in labour this will not help me!

Have you got a fear release track on your hypnotherapy CD? I think it is normal to be a little worried but know that your body can birth your baby gently and naturally.

Have another listen to some of your hypnotherapy tracks and breathe away your fears. Just because someone else's birth didn't go the way that they wanted it to does not mean that yours wont. Have a read of some beautiful, empowering birth stories on homebirth.org. There is nothing to fear :hugs:

You can honestly do this. Their experiences have nothing to do with yours, and nothing that happened to anyone else increases or decreases the likelihood of you having a successful outcome...I know you know this, but i'm just reminding you! There will be reasons why things didn't go the way they wanted, too. You stay strong and keep positive, as you were before, soon you'll be telling your own birth story and prob making your friends jealous ;-)

mine went tits up but my SIL had a fantastic birth in may with her first. im so jealous of her ha ha!! everything (apart from the pool as it was been serviced or something) in her plan was met, and she had her little boy with only a bit of gas and air in an active birth room at her hospital. its best not to focus on bad experiences people tell you about and focus on your ideal birth. xxx

Hope everything went well! Congrats.

Sending you positive vibes.... keep strong x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back