due date with longer cycles?

2cheekyboys

Reaction score
Just wondering if someone could shed some light on how cycle length affects due dates. So i know with a normal 28day cycle its thought that most people ovulate around cd14 and due their period around 14 days later. I have a 35 day cycle, but im pretty sure i didnt ovulate until cd 21/22 so this would still make me 14 days away from a period. So surely just as far gone as i would be if i had a 28 day cycle??

Basically the online due date calculators are confusing me by putting me a week behind when i change my cycle length to 35 days :/

I've always had long cycles, I tell the midwife and I always get sent for an early scan.

by last menstrual period I would be 14 weeks and 2 days, but I am 11 weeks and 4 days by my own dates and a scan I had.

I think going from LMP is very old fashioned now, with all our modern technology. If you ovulated on CD21 that would change things. It isn't how far until your next period, it's how far you are from your last that is changing it. I ovulated on CD35.

I always date myself by my ovulation as I ovulate late! Cd 26 with this cycle so I'm 11 days behind where the docs will date me.

Docs/midwife will always use LMP to date until a scan confirms otherwise.

I've just ordered mine. I can't wait to use it. I'm 7+5 today

I also have long cycles and definitely do not go by last period date, just use the calculator for when you believe you ovulated cause that's more accurate. The doctor will first go with your last period date until you get a scan though, it's stupid really.

Depending on whoever manages your pregnancy, your due date might get changed based on how you measure on an ultrasound. With my first the OB pushed me back after the first ultrasound, but the midwife I have with this pregnancy refuses to change my date even though I know when I ovulated and I've been measuring behind again.

I knew when I ovulated (CD32) and knew that if hey went by LMP, I'd be 2 weeks behind their date (ie they say 8 weeks by LMP but I'm only 6) so I just work out 14 days prior to when I ovulated and tell them that was my LMP - I know it's fibbing but it's harmless and it's easier when it doesn't get confusing :)

By my dates im 10+6 by lmp im 13+1. I have a scan tomorrow and we will then use the dates from that. Tbf though its only an estimated due date nobody really knows bang on when you should be due

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->