Due January 2016

Hey! I'm estimated to be due around january 6th. I could be off though and won't know better until next Thursday. I got a positive opk on April 15th, so I'm basing it off of that.

This is my second, and will give my kids a 15 month gap. Hopefully I'm not crazy!

NDH hope the blood doesn't mean anything and the strong test is a good sign!

Mushy I believe you are correct - I got a positive OPK April 14 and my due date is January 5th. O:)

Welcome Mushy and Fit Mama!

Wow, Mushy, a 15 month gap... I thought I was being brave with a planned 18 month gap :) albeit we did try naturally after my son was born before turning back to IVF.

Fit Mama fingers' crossed for you this time round. Do they have any idea why your previous loss occurred? Are they able to support this pregnancy with any medication such as progesterone or Clexane?

NDH I hope everything is ok at your end.

I've just had my second blood test and am waiting for the nurse to call with my results. Fingers' crossed all will be ok! If so, I will be booked in for a scan in 11 days time to check everything is ok.

Yeah I might be crazy! But my husband and I both think a close gap will be good in the long run. Hopefully haha

I think it will be nice for the children as it should ensure they are close and have lots of interests in common. I know from my three step-children, who have a gap of three years between each of them, that it can be hard to find things for them to all do together.

It's very early for this, but have you had any thoughts on double pushchairs? I can't believe that after splashing out on an expensive system last year I'm going to have to get a new one already. I really should have got one that was capable of being expanded. Am now looking at the Phil & Ted's Vibe and the Uppababy Vista. Far more interesting than work...!

Thanks for the welcome and the well wishes Frustrated.

No meds for me this time around either. Baby died because he had severe fetal megacystis which is not compatible with life. :-( My body seemed to do a fine job of carrying him right up to when he got sick and died, hence the lack of meds. Now I just have to hope and pray that my body didn't make another error during the cell division process...

Okay enough of that - I will do my best not to be the downer of the group and to keep my neurosis in check!

Well I'm still in limbo. My bleeding has nearly subsided and the 3 (or more now I just got another 50 :haha:) pregnancy tests I'm doing a day all still have lines. I've stopped comparing them as some will be lighter and the next will be darker again and so on. But they are all good, obvious lines. Considering I've been sporting or bleeding for a week now and have been getting lines for 5 days, I can only hope for the best.
I'm going for a beta this afternoon, and the progesterone (well wild yam cream) I ordered should be here this morning but if not I'll get a progesterone subscription so I can start on it today and hope its not too late to help. And at the very least at least I'll have a record of this pregnancy so the drs don't brush me off when I say I've had yet another loss. 3 in a row *could* be bad luck like the drs say but 4 in a row - and in 7 months no less - surely they would have to realize something is amiss.

The doctors are acting as if 3 losses in a row aren't a big deal? That seems like it should get a least a bit of concern from them. Hopefully this one is a sticky bean for you though, and you won't have to prove something is amiss!

Hi Ladies!!!

I will catch up on the rest of the thread soon but if it's ok, I'll join your group :wave:

Just found out yesterday I'm pregnant with our 3rd baby :) 5 years since the last pregnancy! I'm due Jan 4th.

Super excited and super nervous! Anyone else having their third?

I also just turned 35.

Nice to meet you all!!!

NDH - totally agree with Mushymilk, 3 losses should have warranted some investigation.... I'm keeping everything crossed for you. I think the tests still showing positives is a really good sign.

Congrats and welcome BKK!

They did run some preliminary tests but none of what I had asked for (mthfr gene mutation, thyroid antibodies) and when nothing abnormal came up said its just bad luck, take a few months off trying and didn't offer further testing. This was a surprise pregnancy as we were actually planning to take a couple months off while I'm seeing a naturopath about a couple of possible issues.

Thanks for the welcome Mushy and NDH!

NDH - Ha, well that makes sense then. Either way, sending lots of baby dust that this little one continues to grow strong :)

I think you're all super brave for having kids close together. Not that it's not a good idea! But not for me. I thought my two were almost too close at 2.5yo apart. Mind you, this one will have 5 years with my youngest!!! We took a long time deciding if we even a third so here we are :)

Are you ladies having symptoms yet?

Who's planning on finding out the gender?

Had betas taken this afternoon. Will get a second one on Sunday and then see the Dr on Monday morning for the results. Praying for a good rise, even if it doesn't quite double cause I know it can sometimes take longer than 48 hours and still be a healthy pregnancy. I think if hcg is rising after I've been bleeding/spotting for 5 days (its mostly gone now) that things will have a good chance of turning out well,

Keeping my fingers crossed for you NDH! :hugs:

Welcome and congratulations BKK! I am also due on 4th Jan. This will be my second child.

Regarding symptoms, I've been getting dizzy and having quite a bit of cramping, which were really my only symptoms with my son. Am hoping to miss out on the morning sickness yet again. We are planning to keep the sex a surprise until he or she is born although refer to "Peanut" as a she :)

NDH I hope all goes well with your second blood test on Sunday.

Frustrated - thanks for the welcome :flower:

Sounds exactly like me: lots of dizziness and cramping, although the latter has subsided some in the last day or two which I'm happy about. Although I had two perfectly healthy pregnancies, I just turned 35 and for some reason, that makes me more nervous about things going smoothly :dohh:

We're keeping the sex a surprise too! We found out for the the other two so this will be a different experience. I'm really excited about keeping it a surprise. Will drive my in-laws completely mad :haha:

How old is your first one Frustrated? (lol call I call you Frus?!)

hiya ladies, can I join?

Im kinda hovering my LMP puts me in December but I know when i ovulated which puts me at Jan 4th, having a scan on May 10th to confirm

Hey BKK

My son is 9 months old so we will have an 18 month gap between children. I'm also 35 although due to turn 36 next month.

Yes, you can shorten my name :). I really wish I could change it - it was really only appropriate when I was trying to conceive my first. Contented1 would be more appropriate now!

Congrats Lintu! Wow, another 4th Jan baby :). That's three of us now :)

Hi Ladies! So glad to have found this group, found out we are expecting out first baby this morning :happydance: so excited!

EDD is January 11th, so far I'm not having any symptoms really, boobs are slightly tender but that's about it! My mum suffered from hyperemesis so I'm dreading my symptoms starting... :nope: especially as my seat at work is about as far away from the toilet as you can get!

We also plan on being team yellow until the end :yellow:

Spent the last few hours with family who are DESPERATE for a grandchild (would be their first) so hard to not say anything, especially with the royal baby all over the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->