Due october 23rd bump buddy?

C

cwoodbaby

This is my first pregnancy and could really use a bump/text buddy going through the same thing!

hi hun, my first too and ue on 26th Oct. 24 from essex uk...u? Hows things going so far? x

Hi ladies :) I am another first-timer, due on 28th October. I am also from Essex!

Why do they call it morning sickness when it's so much worse in the evening? :( Have either of you had it bad?

lol, I know what you mean! I got it after 5pm most days in first tri! And now the heartburn kicks in about that time instead! Didn;t have it too bad tho, was just queasy rather than actually sick etc. Have had a pretty good time of it tbh...how have you been? x

Better now, actually. Was horrible in the first tri - definitely worse after 5pm. Something to do with being tired and often hungry? Not sure what to do for dinner, don't fancy anything, so wait then get more hungry and sick... glad that has mostly passed and I am enjoying food again. Miss my cups of tea though! And chocolate - can't eat that at all. Have your tastes changed? It's so odd how I crave sharp things like lemon and grapefruit!

Whereabouts in Essex are you? I am Southend. Hospital here is not bad, all staff seem good so far.

Had 16 week mw app today and heard the heartbeat - took hubby with me :) was so nice! Do you have a doppler at home?

xx

yeah we've gotta doppler, got the heartbet at about 15wks ish, but heard i at mw appt last week too which was nice

We're in Thurrock so Basildon hosp for us :-( but they do have a mw dept which is what we're aiming for.
Tastes haven't changed so much, but I am eating more salty stuff lately and not as keen on sweet...I've always thought we're having a boy so this seems to match lol...what do you think you'll have? Are you finding out the sex at 20wk scan? When is that anyway? lmao I sound like a stalker now :haha:

I don't mind a bit of stalking. Makes me feel popular!! :p

Is Basildon not a great hospital then? Heard worse things about Queens, despite my sister having no problems having her girl there. Lots of horror stories.

I am thinking boy as well, but part of me does want a girl. It's tough, but yes I will find out the gender. I think it will help me bond with the baby. You? My scan is either in 3 or 4 weeks. The consultant app is the other one.

I actually had no idea hospitals offered such different services. I just assumed all had midwives etc. Maybe it's niaive but I thought the NHS was reasonably consistent. Lol! Bless :)

Oh, is there a mothercareworld at the retail park do you know? Been meaning to go take a good look round at prams n stuff. Southend doesn't have much in the way of outlets, just smallish high street shops. Except for two very large pets at home, weirdly...

erm, well tbh I personally wouldn't recommend Mothercare (I've heard lots from other mums I know and they have said how over expensive it is). There is a mama's and papa's outlet in Basildon which we were thinking of visiting soon (after 20wk scan when we actually start to buy things), but apart from that I've looking alot online myself. In the retail park though there is a mothercare I think...haven't been there myself yet though.

Well I believe all hospitals have midwives on staff, but some had mw-led units which tend to be more flexible i.e. I know Basildon's has a couple of water pools, they allow you to be more free (not monitored to a bed etc), but you can't get an epidural if necessary (you'd have to go upstairs to the mat unit) and if there are complications then you get moved to the maternity unit (which is consultant led)

Our 20wk scan is in 3wks today! And I can't wait :)...I seem to see alot of people having consultant appts...do you mind if I ask what yours is for? Or do all firstimers see one at least once?

How is the OH adjuting to bcoming a daddy? Is it his first too? Mine is finally getting to grips with it now I'm starting to show :) but I think deep down he is nervous lol, would never admit it in a million years

p.s. Oh and have you thought/decided on names yet? we're soooooo struggling for any girls names we like lol

x

Urgh I had the worst night. Wasn't feeling 'right' all day yesterday and the bath brought things to a head. I said to my hubby I wasn't feeling well and couldn't say why. Drank a glass of squash for my headache and brought my dinner up. I KNEW there was something wrong!! lol! Thought I was done with all that nonsense. :( Can't look another fajita in the eye now. Or a macdonalds breakfast (from first tri).

Yes I suppose they aren't that cheap. I think because I'm not allowed to buy yet (until we get rid of my parent's furniture out the spare room) I haven't been looking at prices, just pretty things, lol! Will be different when I finally get to spend the money, will want to budget. Definitely going to make a trip to M&P outlet - if you sign up to their website you get occasional vouchers through!

Got lots of girls names, so many pretty options! But I prefer more sensible? boys names, maybe traditional I mean. And that limits it somewhat. Can't have any names ending in an 'an' or 'en' sound because of our surname. So no ethan, ryan, dylan etc. I think hubby is avoiding the names issue - says we have plenty of time. Erm, no I do't think we do! He's coping really well though. It took us a while to conceive after our first mmc, so we are pretty ready. He is 30 and I am 32, been together 12 years this September. How long have you two been together?

Eek, mum is here! Better run, will finish this later :) (consultant thing!)

x

Eurgh, my OH is the same on the name thing lol, keeps telling me we have lots of time...I'm like, do you realise I'm halfway gone in like 2wks time?! :haha:

We've finally decided to each list 10 girls names we like, swap lists, cross off any we hate and work from there. We've got a boys name we're happy with (Max Damian James) and we've got a girls middle names sorted (........ Hannah Louise) just a first name for a little girly (although we're hoping to find out what we're having soon so might not even be an issue lol)

I'm not allowed to buy anything yet either (until the 20wk scan comes back ok), and its been fine so far but really getting itchy purse syndrome now :rofl: and thanks for M&P website tip, will take a look. Have you pregnancy & bump mag? They've gien away a 'Babies r Us' catalogue which is pretty good. I've actually got 2 if you want one? I can post it to you?

Sorry about the sickness thing you had, i felt a bit 'off' today too just unsteady on my feet etc this morning but it passed after a tea and cereal. Ahhh the joys of pregnancy eh? lol

As for me and OH, we've actualy only been a couple since May 2010 (eeeek!) but have known each other for about 8months prior to that. We're both 24 and we moved in together in November last year and things are great. We're so great together and so excited about this baby. Although we've not been together long, we did plan for it as we both knew how right it was and we both wanted it. Alot of people though have assumed it was an accident, which just isn't true. Ah well, doesn't matter what other people think eh?

So this is your first bubba too? Do you get those moments where you suddenly realise you're actually going to be parents lol, throws me everytime :) but in a good way.

Hope you're feeling better hun x

I had one of those moments last night. I was laying in bed, and a picture just came into my head of me laying there with the moses basket next to the bed, little hands waving and I just freaked out! :haha: what a womble!

Speaking of being a womble - the other week I bought a baby mag, only to get home and realise I already had it! Luckily I hadn't broken the seal, so yesterday I took it back and swapped it for the one you said. Going to flick through the catalogue when I have a break.

Gosh it's so cold and windy out today. Miles away from yesterday - glad I went to town then! Got a great pair of linen shorts in M&S. Pale grey stripes, with an elasticated back waistband (so front looks normal) but gives you room to bridge the gap. Not bad for under £20!

I wouldn't worry about length of time or what people say. You know your relationship and you know what's right or not, as you say. People will ALWAYS find something to moan or b*tch about. In my case the ladies I work with (stroke employ) are making it difficult for me to sort out a cover schedule for my maternity leave. I am normally unwilling to ruffle feathers, I like to keep the peace, but when they kept telling me how ill and depressed I will be, won't want to leave the house for 6 months so I might as well close the group down I just lost it and shouted/ranted/swore at them. The look on their faces was priceless, but I do feel guilty now. But also a little pleased with myself - girl power! :happydance:

So the consultant thing is because I have ME, so labour may be difficult, and also because I have/used to have epilepsy. I have been med and fit free since my mmc in 2009, but obviously they want to be careful. Labour could bring on another siezure. I have Mr Lee - according to my midwife he is a manic chinese guy. :shrug:

Hannah Louise is pretty. How many syllables does your surname have?

Oh, did you read the article in the mag about the differences between men and women? Number 7 made me laugh out loud - my hubby is always walking past stuff I leave on the stairs to take up. He just doesn't see them!

One more thing - I missed my aquanatal class this morning - was going to start today, but it's Hawkwell, so a fair drive. Got up too late. Do you have anything like that near you?

:flower:

Hi,

urgh I know what you mean about the weather today! I'm puring down right now and thinder/lightning etc and the dog is shaking and wont even go outside for a wee pmsl...she is such a little t*rt! :haha: Although def agree about yesteday, it was gorg! What a turn around eh?!

Well done on the shorts! Although you won't need them for a couple of days at least lol, but might have to find some proper mat ones soon as going to Spain when i'm 32wks eeek! Can't get out of it really, its my sisters wedding lol. Ryanair let you fly until 36wks with a fit to fly letter so should be fine.

Good for you on the ladies at work! Wish i could blow up sometimes lol, I have a great ralationship with about half the staff, and the other half either ignore me or make me feel really uncomfortable. Oh well, be gone in 4.5months lol! Woop Woop! When you starting mat leave? I'm staying until 39wks if I can (unless I go into labour at wrk lmao, that would be funny :haha:). I mean, 'wont want to leave the house for 6 months?' what are you doing, having a baby or losing a leg? lol, some people eh?

I understand about the problems with epilepsy, my dad has it and my OH's sister has it, so although I know deep down its not hereditry I do worry about our LO. Congrats on the fit free 2yrs! My dads 56 and still fitting at least every couple of months and still on very heavy meds. His drinking doesn't exactly help the situation tho lol

The mag thing, is it Prima Baby & Pregnancy May issue? I've got so many now! I love that when I look at the week by week stages it suddenly occurs to me how far I've come. I remember looking at the week6 in my first mag and now I'm looking at week 18!

So, how you coming along with the boy names? Has your DH finally started to discuss them? Mine has...just! lol

Erm we dont really have any aquanatel classes round here, but the aquaaerobics are suitable apparently as long as you tell the instructor so thinking I might give that a go. Its just work is so hectic atm, I'm starting at 6:30am and not finishing until gone 4pm (well 4:30 today hurmph) so i'm shattered with a sore back by then (oh, is yours starting to hurt yet?)

Anyway, better sort te dog out now, she is actually violently shaking next to me and panting b'cos of the thunder...silly girly...chat soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->