Dumb newbie question

EffyM

Reaction score
Is it still ok to lay on my tummy??
At what point isn't it ok anymore??

Yes, as long as you are comfortable. I made it to 4 months with my DD.

You'll know when its not OK anymore... It'll feel like you're laying on a large rock, and it simply becomes more comfortable to lay on one side or the other.

Dumb newbie question?? FIRST, please don't ever feel that a question is dumb. I have NO idea what I'm doing and everyone on here is so, SO nice and helpful. Very supportive.

:flower:

Second, yes, lay on your tummy if you want and if it's comfortable. I've been told to TRY to lay on your left side because it allows for good blood flow to the baby, just fyi. I'm a back-sleeper though.

Good luck and congrats! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

OH! And I noticed you were on the TTC list. So double congrats!

I sleep weird lol. Always partially on my side and belly. I do it as long as I'm comfortable. I agree with the other ladies first, NO question is dumb, and second you'll know when to stop because it'll be too uncomfortable!

I catch myself on my tummy still! I sleep best that way...I guess I will remain on my tummy until I cant any more and then I will be ATEMPTING to sleep on my side!

BTW not a dumb question at all!

i am 4wks 5 days too and all i want to do is lay on my stomach...lol... my back is killing me... cautiously pregnant??? lol i like that that is cute... i am too, i had a missed m/c last year, after ttc for three years, thank God it ONLY took me a year this time lol... why are you "cautious"???

It's perfectly safe to sleep on your stomach in pregnancy. :) The main reason women stop doing it is because it gets uncomfy and the baby is physically too big to lay on anymore! lol Here's a pic of me at 24 weeks with my son; that's when I stopped sleeping on my stomach so it might give you an idea of how big my belly was at the uncomfortable stage. It's different for everyone though. :)

Attachments

• 10529_613430434535_120401597_36218580_3288124_n.jpg
    10529_613430434535_120401597_36218580_3288124_n.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3
Good question I was wondering this too. I never used to sleep on my tummy but at the moment Im finding it the most comfortable position!x

i lay on my tum all the way through pregnancy with my DD but had to do some careful construction with pillows to keep myself comfy! i used to lay a double stack of pillows to make a triangle around my tummy! its apparently better to lie on your left side, better circulation plus theres nothing that baby will be lying on on that side, but who can lie still all night long anyway! i think as long as your comfy nd are managing to get some sleep then its fine!
this pregnancy i have been lying on my side, but i cant face OH has his breath makes me sick! (theres nothing wrong with it, he brushes, flosses and mouthwashes before bed) the sound and the feel of his breath on my face makes me feel sick, but next week we are moving the bed closer to the window so that we will have room to put a moss basket and chest of drawers on my side of the bed and we will be switching sides so that baby wont be near the window, so i should be lying on my left side then, i bet i end up being ridiculously uncomfortable! haha!

I have been making the most of laying on my tummy! But as of 3 nights ago I just can't anymore as it feels too uncomfortable, a bit like I'm laying on a rock is the only way I can describe it!
Just do it until you no longer can! It's different for everyone but your body will tell you when to stop :)

i am 4wks 5 days too and all i want to do is lay on my stomach...lol... my back is killing me... cautiously pregnant??? lol i like that that is cute... i am too, i had a missed m/c last year, after ttc for three years, thank God it ONLY took me a year this time lol... why are you "cautious"???

i ask about the stomache thing becuase i have this random sharp pains (sometimes so sharp its hard to breathe) way up high on my left side like right at my last rib and i was afraid that laying on my tummy was making it happen...

i am cautious because i had a early term m/c / chemical and i dont want to be too excited until i am further along. though my hubby wants to scream it from the roof tops to everyone he meets. :dohh:

i dont go to the dr. until the 15th but if these pains dont go away i dont know if i can wait that long......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->