Dumb questions on Braxton Hicks

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
With DD I never had them. I was painfully aware of everything going on since I was always paying attention for whatever was going on there.

I had my first one a couple of weeks ago. I was just standing around at the park when it happened.

It happened this afternoon for a second time. It seemed like such an odd experience because I was just fully aware and paying attention to it, so it seemed so weird and cool at the same time (I know I'm lame).

It's happened about 3-4 more times during the evening (I'm definitely hydrated).

With DD, I was induced at 41+6. No contractions or anything prior. Well, I had tons of continual period-like cramping during the weeks leading up to it that wasn't changing the cervix at all).

So, the dumb question is, if you have BH, does it increase the likelihood of going into spontaneous labor? I'm a vbac hopeful and spontaneous labor is ideal, so I guess I'm just grasping at straws and trying to be optimistic :haha: I'm guessing it's not, but I'm just looking for a little ray of hope lol

Second (probably) dumb question: is it normal for bump/uterus to feel "tired"? I've had a couple more recently, and my uterus feels like say how my biceps or triceps would feel after lifting weights for the first time. Just kind of strained or tired. Like I just did a bunch of situps or something. Normal?

I know these are dumb questions, but I'm just curious as I have nothing else to compare to!

Don't sounds like dumb questions to me, I'm afraid I have no idea as I've not had any bh yet and im ftm. Hope someone can help.

I'm not sure about the answers either but just wanted to say I'm a vac hopefully and I've been having tonnes of Brixton hicks these past few weeks and some are painful. I've been telling myself it's my body preparing and that it will make it easier when they try to induce me. I just wanted you to know you're not the only one and well positive thinking can only help right?

I'm no help either as I also haven't experienced them and a FTM. But now I'm paranoid that since I'm not feeling them maybe I won't go into labor on my own :dohh:. REALLY don't want to be induced!

This is the first pregnancy I've ever had braxton hicks confuzion and gone in labour on my own early with quick labours xx

I had them last time and I went into spontaneous labour at 40+4, with DD born at 40+5. I'm not sure if it's any indication though - I know they are really common, and not everyone who has them will go into spontaneous labour. I have had lots already this time so hoping for them same, although I would ideally like to avoid my waters breaking in Tesco car park :)

I'm not sure about the answers either but just wanted to say I'm a vac hopefully and I've been having tonnes of Brixton hicks these past few weeks and some are painful. I've been telling myself it's my body preparing and that it will make it easier when they try to induce me. I just wanted you to know you're not the only one and well positive thinking can only help right?

Exactly! Honestly, with DD I had a gut feeling I'd go over, be induced, and end with a c section. Actually, I had that feeling for years before that that's how it'd be with my first.

With this one I have a feeling that I'll be successful with a vbac (lets just hope it's right lol). Something just feels different this time.

I'm no help either as I also haven't experienced them and a FTM. But now I'm paranoid that since I'm not feeling them maybe I won't go into labor on my own :dohh:. REALLY don't want to be induced!

I don't really think it'll indicate whether or not labor is spontaneous (as much as I'd like to hope lol). I think it's more of my hopeful mind. I don't think there's really any indication that you'll be induced (unless it's apparent early on for medical reasons). The body can change so quickly, sometimes right before the onset of labor.

Try not to be paranoid though (even if it's difficult - I know how it can be!) :)

I had them last time and I went into spontaneous labour at 40+4, with DD born at 40+5. I'm not sure if it's any indication though - I know they are really common, and not everyone who has them will go into spontaneous labour. I have had lots already this time so hoping for them same, although I would ideally like to avoid my waters breaking in Tesco car park :)

Oh my! I'm guessing that happened with your first?

I've always been jealous of those that had their water break lol But then again, I'm jealous of anyone that had their water break and/or felt contractions.

I never got to experience the "fun" stuff with DD. L&D was so unbelievably uneventful (not that that's necessarily a bad thing). It was pretty much making the decision to be induced as I didn't think another 24 hours would make the difference. Go to the hospital, get hooked up. 10 minutes after the start of pitocin DD's heart rate dropped with every mild contraction (I didn't even feel them). From there it was some monitoring and changing of positions, trying to stop the contractions I never felt and off for a c section. Granted I'm glad that she arrived safely and healthy, but I'm really hoping to at least feel some contractions this time around (even if it results in another c section).

I've had a handful this morning and this afternoon. Probably about 6. It's kind of exciting and annoying at the same time.

Exciting because I'm experiencing something I didn't get to experience before, but annoying because they're a bit uncomfortable.

I had them with both my boys, 1st started at 27 28 weeks was induced at 36.
2nd had them from 17 weeks, started contracting at 33 weeks for 6 weeks on and off, my body was fighting the contractions so it didn't do anything to my cervix had a planned section at 39 weeks.
had a few with this one but I thinks that's more because I was dehydrated. midwife says I may have to have another section with this one but it will be done to the consultant.

I never had them with my first and I went into labour at 36weeks.
Im going to be super confused if I get them this time! It will be like being a first time mum all over again! X

I also never had them with my first (or just never felt them), and went into labor after a membrane sweep at 40+3. So I don't think NOT having them is necessarily a bad sign. But, I would think having them now, after not having them last time, is definitely a good sign!

i never had them with my son.. but keep getting them recently. Although I find they are mostly in my back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->