Dummies?

I will be bottle feeding due to medication I have to go back on the minute the baby is born but even though Im going to get some dummies Im planning on NOT using them, I will only use them as a last resort. I will be using, Tommee Tippee new orthodontic ones and you can get them from 0 months but hopefully they will not be required but I will never say never. Take care :hugs: XX

I've read that dummies help to prevent SIDS by keeping the airway open.

That is one theory, among several, but there has yet to be a definitive answer proven. By all means, if you want the extra reassurance then go for it. I have just personally found other research more compelling. But each to their own hun.

I've been totally reassured about the whole SIDS thing at a breastfeeding session today - I asked about it and the woman said that the study didn't take into account how the babies were fed. She thinks that the reduced risk is probably to bottle fed babies as they don't wake up during the night to be fed the same as a breast fed baby would do.

They recommend that dummies aren't used at all.

Really pleased that I won't feel I have to use a dummy! And definitely won't be using one unless it's a total last resort to get some sleep after trying everything else :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:.

None of my children have ever used one,they were all breast fed and i think its a personal choice thing xxxxx

i hate them lol so wont be using them if i can help it but defo each to there own, i never had them neither did my bro or sis we are all fine have great teeth no braces and thats prob why i will not use them,

https://www.thefind.com/qq-soothie-pacifier?m=1&cm_mmc=SSP-_-kids-_-Pacifier-_-soothie%20pacifierhave you seen the soothie pacifier? I bought 2 of those in case baby likes them....

I remember learning that dummies can cause speech delays and can interfer with BF. Also unhygenic if they keep falling out onto the floor. i hate seeing mothers pick up the dummy from the floor,put it in their mouth and then back to the babys mouth. Eww revolting.

I wont be using dummies. I find they are unecessary and unnatural.

On the other side, they can quiet the baby if distressed. Act as a comfort. Help with sleep.

Amelie has one already. She likes to suck on everything and it makes sense for us to let her have one sometimes. She doesnt sleep with iit and she still BFs well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->