dummy!!

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
aaaarrrgghhh the dreaded time has come to "stop" giving callum his dummy!!!

he is only getting it at naptime and bed time now... yesterday he screamed on and off for 2 hours cos i too it off him!!!

wish me luck!

feel it is preventing his speech, he can only say 2 words! and he mumbles and garbles through his nose alot, hope this will stop these things!

Yvanne Jack still has his for bedtimes
Have i read it right that you are just giving at at these times now? and weaning him off during the day?

I found the easiest way to do it with Emily( jack never wanted it during the day) was to leave dumy in the bedroom and have non downstairs at all
They soon forget about it
Good luck xx

good luck!

I need to do the same with Coby really, its not the right time for him tho, hopefuly next year

x

yea wen he gets up, i now take it off him, he is only allowed it for getting to sleep (as on monday lol) so far so good!!!

good luck hunni maybe 2 days or so of screaming will be worth it to his speaking without a dummy x

Good luck we been trying to get aly off hers full time but atm she still gets it at bed tme

I am one of the lucky ones, one day Mikayla just decided that she didn't want her dummy anymore

i threw my boys out the car window!! iit used drive me mad as hed spit it all over the car- ud have pull over and dummy hunt!! lol i just stopped altogether as i felt that he just doesnt need it and i didnt want to confuse the issue- its jus oh so easy to give it back if your having a hard day!! he had hissy fit 4 few days , thats it , over and done with. good luck xx

Hope it's going well hun. Charlie now only has his for naps and bedtime. Although I do still let him have it if he's upset. He's cutting 2 more back teeth at the minute and he's been really upset all day:cry:, so I've let him have it. But he won't have it tomorrow as he's at nursery and they're a bit stricter than me!:blush:

i have been quite lenient with it :dohh: he has a very oud cry, not the easiest thing to do with darren sleeping through tthe next wall :(

It is really hard- but you just have to think that his crying will all be over soon, i suppose it relly depends on the child!!! does he wake and you go in and give him his dummy? mine used do that and it drove me nuts- once i had taken it away they slept really well after that. good luck x ps i am sure there have been times when all of us have given in for a quiet life!!! lol:headspin:

Hows it going Yvanne?
I really need to be doing the same. Charlie has become obsessed with hers, odd really as she didnt even have a dum til she was about 4 months! We got through colic and everything with out one!
I hate hearing her talk with it in, In the new year it is going to have to come to a halt, bedtimes only!!
Its hard though, as I often feel like she needs it IYKNWIM??

im too easy a pushover... asnything for aquiet life lol!! wi 2 little mad 'uns, running about, it does your head in easy and is fine to just plonk it in his gub n ssshhhh lol...

i have kinda been sticking to it tho... tho chloe dont help by sayin... want ur dum callum.. resulting in immediate tears!!!

good luck, i remember when i took the dummy off my son, i was cutting the end off little by little, till there was nothing left to suck.....

ROFL thats a great idea skiwi!!!!!!! LOL

When we got Ethan, he still had his 'dodie' and so this christmas, we said if he left it under the tree maybe father chirstmas would take it and give it to a baby who really needs it. They dont 'do' taher christmas as their dad was never really interested in telling them about it, but now they know theres a father christmas who comes and brings things, they each got a present off him and Ethan left Dodie for him. It's hard because Benji still has one so he wants his back, but he left it and is quite happy. Izzie's never really had one so it isnt a problem with her, We're at the stage of maybe giving one to Kabe but not sure just yet. Izzie sucks her thumb, and we're thinking its going to be easier to remove a dummy from Kabe than to remove Izzies thumb lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->