dunno if i should be worried

beckynbump25

mommy to 1 an expecting
Reaction score
hiya, 34 week midwife appointment....
my midwife told me she didnt think it was gunna be a big baby is this a good thing or bad?:S
my bump measuring 30cm at 32 weeks
and them measuring 32cm at 34weeks?

what did the rest of you measure up at this stage?

im kinda hoping i will have to have a growth scan or summink soo i can maybe find out the sex hehe

bit confussed maybe i should start eating more not that i DONT already:rofl: xxx

she probably just means that yous baby wont be 9-10lber..Maybe just average. I dont know about bump measurements as mines was never took.

i wouldnt worry hun at 38 weeks i measured 41 weeks with brendan and they said they thought he was 9-10lbs then and sent me for a growth scan and he was 6lb 9oz on the scan lol so they got that wrong, and he was 7lb 6oz born at 40 weeks 2 days :)

Im only measuring 31cm at 37ws...

3cm either way is nothing to be concerned about, any more then they send you for a growth scan.

thanks girls maybe i shouldnt be worried then im sure she would of done some think about it if she was.
maybe a small baby wouldnt be such a bad thing after all hehe x

I had my midwife appointment yesterday and I've been worried too.
I'm measuring small, Im measuring 32wks and Im 34.
And she cant find out what way he lying so if she cant figure out what way he is at next appointment Im gonna have to have anotha scan to make sure he is the right way and that he is growing ok.

I hope he ok but I wouldnt mind anotha scan just so I can see him again

if it was anything to be worried about, im sure your doctor would be worried as well :lol: and you would know!!! I'm sure your little one is perfect!!!

I'd try not to worry too much. I always measured a bit less with my son and he was 8lb 1oz when he was born. This one i'm measuring a bit more, so god knows how big this one will be!!

My midwife hasn't measured me at all. When I asked her what size she thought he was I was usefully informed he's not a big baby but then again he's not a small baby. Helpful or what!!!!x

Hon I wouldn't worry too much, 2cm isn't a lot of difference and there is time for it to balance it's self out.

x x

I agree she prob just meant that you are having an average sized baby :)

I was measuring 32 at 35 weeks so I was told he was looking small and sent for a growth scan. Sam was already estimated to be 6lb 10oz at the scan (at about 36 weeks) and was 8lb 13oz when he was born...so they're not always right! x

im measuring 2 wks ahead.. but then my Oh has a long body and is very tall! 2cm is nothing tho. Wouldnt worry x

I have a personalised growth chart with an average line for tracking fundal height against predicted baby weight. I've been measured twice and fall on it exactly. My measurements have both been about 2cm less than my number of weeks. For me this is exactly what they have predicted.

I wouldnt worry hun. I measured a bit behind and then had a growth spurt and meausred fine. Everyone is different! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->