• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DVT 2 weeks after giving birth - any advice?

PinkyEyes

Reaction score
Hey everybody!
On Friday I was diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis, exactly 2 weeks after giving birth to my son. The pain is excruciating! It's so much worse than being in labour. They told me to keep active but walking is practically impossible at the moment. I feel like such a wimp, is it normal to feel this poorly? Any advice ladies?
Xx

I just got diagnosed with blood clots on my lungs today and I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest. The pain is definitely worse than labour in my opinion!! So I don't know what it's like in your leg but I can definitely sympathise, it is agony! Are you having clexane injections/on warfarin? I've started both and hopefully they will work soon but the doctor said that it could take up to 6 weeks for my chest to feel normal again. I'm really hoping it's a lot sooner than that as I can't cope with this pain for that long. x

My first DVT was in my groin/thigh and I had to use crutches for a couple of weeks to get around, it does get better with time. It's more painful the longer it goes on before its diagnosed, the second time I had one I recognised the signs and it was MUCH more manageable!

Xx

Thanks for your replies ladies. I am finally starting to feel more human, still not able to walk too far or stand up too long, but at least the pain is less.
It's interesting to know the sooner it is diagnosed the less painful it is - I delayed getting treatment because I told my health visitor my symptoms and she told me I'd probably slept funny and needed a snack in the night. I waited 48 hours to see my doctor because I didn't want to be a nuisance.
Xx

Gonna bump this thread.

i gave birth two weeks ago, remember the midwife asking if i had any pains in legs, said no as i didn't.

today ive noticed a slight aching stabbing pain in my left leg, on the outer calf area. It doesn't "hurt" though it just feels like a throbbing pain/pulling sensation and it comes and goes.

obviously you ladies who had the dvt you both said its really painful and this isnt. I don't know wether i should be concerned or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->