• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dvt

laneylaney

Reaction score
Hi i have been diagnosed last week with a clot in my leg. I am taking blood thinning injctions twice daily and am 13 weeks pregnant.

The thing is I can still feel strange sensations in my legs 24/7. This sensations are making me extremely paranoid. The feeling range from trickles to twitches and I am wearing special socks but i thought the blood thinning injections would take away the strange feelings.

I get a mild aches in my chest now and then but think its just my anxiety over the situation.

Has anyone else had the same problem??

No experience but please call your GP/MW and ask, we cannot advise you if it's nothing and clots are serious. I am sure it's just anxiety but it's not something you should take a chance with. Hugs. You won't regret the calls you make, only the one you don't xxx

Sorry you're going through this, it can be a very worrying thing. The clot takes some time to dissolve, even with blood thinners. While I don't think it's surprising that you may still have symptoms in your legs, please don't ignore chest pain or discomfort at this point. The docs have probably already told you this, but one of the dangers of blood clots in your legs is having a clot move to your lungs, one symptom of which would be chest pain or discomfort that often gets worse with deep breathing or cough (sometimes, but not always, accompanied by shortness of breath).

I completely agree with Eternal. At the very least, give your physician or midwife a call and they may go through your symptoms more in depth with you to be able to further guide you. If it's after hours then, speaking for myself, I'd probably even head to the emergency room and the worst that will happen if it turns out to be nothing (and hopefully this will be the case) is that you'll get some relief and be able to relax but you really never want to ignore chest or breathing symptoms with blood clots.

The Mayo Clinic has some good info on DVTs: https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/deep-vein-thrombosis/DS01005

Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->