Dylan for a girl?

Kathleen

Reaction score
My name is a unisex name, I still get the odd look from the older generation over my name but I've now grown to love it. In fact I'm not a fan of girly names. If I have a girl, Dylan has stuck in my head for ages.

Be honest though, good or bad???

I like it and it will take people off guard, kind of how yours does.
My hubs name is Kyle, and when I go to Starbucks, I always say my name is Kyle, and it is really growing on me for a girl. HA!!HA!!

Good luck!

I find it odd... at this rate there will be no boys names left

I dont mind unisex names (Bailey etc...) but just plain using boys names is odd especially as a first name (middle name is better if it has good meaning or flows well)

Dylan is Drew Barrymore's character in Charlie's Angels. :)

I like it a lot. I like "boys names" for girls. Who says they are boys names anyway, they are just predominantly used for the male gender.

I like it and it will take people off guard, kind of how yours does.
My hubs name is Kyle, and when I go to Starbucks, I always say my name is Kyle, and it is really growing on me for a girl. HA!!HA!!

Good luck!

I work with a kylie which weve shorten to kyle - ive started to like it aswell lol

I like it! But then again i like Elliott as a girl name. Everyone is going to have an opinion no matter what you call them if you like it go for it.

I love it!! And also to the PPs who like Kyle as a girl's name - I went to school with a girl named Amelia Kyle, who went by Kyle. It suited her perfectly!

I also know/like girls named:
Mykal (Michael)
Sebastian
Brett
Logan

It just seems too boyish to be a girls name to me, but it isnt overly masculine. I couldn't imagine a girl called John or Anthony for example but Dylan, maybe.

It's our first choice boy's name :) - so I like it - never met a girl called Dylan.

That said I knew a boy Rhys who was teased at school for having a girl's name (I assume the other kids were thinking of Reese Witherspoon). So I guess you are taking a risk of that - but kids can tease over anything and everything so I wouldn't let that put you off.

Perhaps choose a more widely acknowledged feminine middle name - just in case they want to switch up!

xx

I actually like it... yes, it's known more as a boy's name, but why shouldn't you name your girl that if you like it?

that being said, i am calling this boy Skye - which is more of girl's name...so who am i to judge?? ;)

you like it? go for it!

I think it's a boys name for a reason.
It's not horrible but you will get some looks.
But it's your baby your choice :)
I like pretty girly names and 'manly' names for a boy x

Love Dylan for a girl, always have. Just an FYI - it has become extremely popular in the past few years. It's amazing how often I meed little girls with this name.

I love it!! And also to the PPs who like Kyle as a girl's name - I went to school with a girl named Amelia Kyle, who went by Kyle. It suited her perfectly!

I also know/like girls named:
Mykal (Michael)
Sebastian
Brett
Logan

HEE-HEE. :winkwink: My name is Logan.

I really like it.

I don't like it but not because it's a boy's name, just because it's not for me! I think it'd suit a girl really well, it could easily be the next Taylor of unisex names!

I ADORE Dylan for a girl! Tried to persuade my sis-in-law to name her daughter Dylan (I thought it fitting, since she was conceived the night they went to a Bob Dylan concert).

Ralph Lauren's daughter's name is Dylan Lauren and she has a candy store in NYC called Dylan's Candy Bar. Plus I think it goes along with the new popularity of unisex "boy names" like Logan, Jordan, Ryan, Jaiden, etc.

I def don't think anyone under the age of 35 will find it odd - older generations may, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->