Dylan's birth story-3/10/11 (Quite long ;)

Tanni_Pants

Reaction score
On Sunday 2nd I had some "unusual" discharge, for a good few days before I'd been having a thick EWCM, only when I wiped.
My new one came out of no where at about 7:30pm, not a lot but more watery than what I'd been getting.
Pretty soon I had back pains spreading across the bottom of my back, they became regular and slightly more painful.
It continued, along with the leaking until I decided to go to my bed at 2:30am.
I could feel them when I was trying to sleep but managed to get there.
Back up at 6:40am, it woke me up lol

I had more fluid and it had a brownish/red colour but it was really faint, couldn't make up my mind as to whether it was from me or him.
I phoned the maternity ward, they thought it was just my plug, told them what had been happening and they said to head up in a couple of hours to get checked because of the fluid.
Got to the hospital about 10am, they tried to check the pad to see what the fluid was, there wasn't a lot on the pad so the midwife I'd seen had pretty much decided it wasn't my waters and they pains I was having weren't contractions as I was "too cheery"......
Stuck on the monitor for about 40 mins, she left to do other things and came back wondering why there was a lot of dips in his heart rate. Got a doctor through to check me and decided upon looking it was definitely my water, it had meconium(not plug) and I was 2-3 cms and Baby was very unhappy.
Got sent through to the consultant led side of the labour ward just after 11am and hooked up to everything going to see if he'd calm down, if not, it was a c-section.
After a while we got Baby happy enough for them to decide to induce me, syntocinon was started at 12:55pm and turned up and down, on and off trying to steady his heart rate.
Antibiotics in at 1:50pm.
Contractions were coming every 2-3 mins but not any stronger than the night before.
Once again, Baby very unhappy, he wouldn't stay still during contractions so he couldn't be monitored from the outside of my belly and his poor wee head got the clip at 2:20pm.
At 2:30pm and 4 cms I had fore waters broken and there turned out to be a lot more meconium than they thought.
Managed to work out he was happy if I lay on my side and they left him/me alone. He got upset when they examined me, inside or out and occasionally when they spoke to him :haha:
By 4pm I was in a lot of pain, all in my back and the underside of my pelvis. In between the contractions was fine, other than my hip was bloody sore because I wasn't allowed to move.
Then the pain changed, I felt him move down :nope:
No way was it that time!!
Tried gas and air, done nothing because everything was in my back.
Epi in to stop myself tensing(he didn't like that either).
They also wanted something in my back, just in case something went wrong.
Checked at 4:30pm and I was 8cm!! That would've been the pain getting more interesting then :wacko:
The midwives were shocked that I was at 8 and never made a sound :haha:
Messed about with the syntocinon again once he'd settled down.
6:30pm and nearly at 10 cms, just a "rim".
7pm his head was visible. He has hair!! :rofl:
Decided to give him about an hour to come down before an attempt at a push.
He was still unsettled, so we wait.....
8:15pm he was further down, had a push, not happy again :wacko:
8:35pm and he was further down again, was told I'd get a few attempts at pushing and if he got too distressed, it would be forceps or ventouse(we now have an unhappy Mummy as well!!)
Put me on my back to try and push, had 3, waited for next contraction, had another 3.
Baby unhappy again, back on my side, he settled, decided to push on my side, leg nearly wrapped round my head :haha: (I was enthusiastic ;))
At 8:47pm and 3 pushes later Dylan makes his appearance, 6lb 2.5oz, 19.2 inches, face up, cord round the neck and not a happy boy.
Stopped pushing long enough for them to untangle him and my body decided shove the rest of him out :rofl:

Poor Daddy didn't get to cut the cord as they had to just take him.
All the docs appeared and he was absolutely fine!!
I got my baby, all blue, purple, squished and perfect :cloud9:

After all that carry on trying to get him here it took 13 mins and a good few stitches. Mostly on the inside so not too bad.
He's absolutely fine, just hated the thought of the whole birth process more than most women :dohh:

He's now screaming at Daddy for trying to wash him and the poor cat's looking at me as if to say "Do we really have to keep'm??" :haha:

https://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/pure_un-diluted_evil/SAM_0096-1.jpg
First photo.
https://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/pure_un-diluted_evil/SAM_0102.jpg
Poor wee nose :(
https://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/pure_un-diluted_evil/SAM_0148.jpg
Cheered up a bit.
https://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/pure_un-diluted_evil/DSC_0031-1.jpg
As happy as Mum and Dad to be at home.

Aw hun, what a cute little boy you have ;) congratulations-think our cats going to be thinking the same as yours :) lol xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->