Earliest Doppler heartbeat?

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Hope everyone is feeling well. I'm wondering when is the soonest you heard your baby on a Doppler. My original dates were tentative since the period before my last came two weeks early and only last three days. Very odd for me since I have regular 30-32 day cycles.

So at my first appt she said if we heard the baby on the Doppler it would be at least 10 weeks, since it's very unlikely to hear the heartbeat before than via Doppler bc how small the heart is. Well she found it right away and she bumped up my due date by two weeks and put me at 10 weeks until a dating scan this week can solidify the date!!!

This is awesome.

What's the soonest you heard yours?

Hi here mw doesn't attempt to listen to heartbeat until 16 weeks but I've always bought my own hehe. Heard DS1 at 9 weeks and DS2 at 8 weeks i love it :) xx

I found at 7 weeks at home. With my previous baby, 8 weeks.

How lovely :)
For us 7/8 weeks with a lot of persistence! That was at home. My midwife won't even try before 14 weeks. Although with my dd1 the midwife found it at 9 weeks.

I would wait until you get an ultrasound to be set on that date. I heard the heartbeat on all of my babies at 8-9 weeks. Hope that helps!

Thanks ladies!
I know it's uncommon but possible. I really can't wait to find out how far a long I am. My last period was so weird that I wouldn't be surprised if I was further along....now we wait!!

I heard my DD heart beat at 8+5 at home. I'm hoping that I will be able to hear this little one's around the 8 week mark since our ultrasound isn't until the last week in June.

Mine was 8 weeks 2 days with all of them Inc Twins! It takes a while but we get there :) only now have I stopped now I have regular movements and also if I feel she moves and kicks... Wouldn't know what Id do without it made me feel better back in the earlier days xxx

i found mine at nearly 7 weeks with my second baby, and nearly 8 weeks w this one.

Today was my first time trying to find it with this pregnancy. I tired for about. 5 minutes earlier in the day with no luck. I tried it tonight as I got in bed and found it within a couple minutes. I am 9w4d. I can't remember when I found it first with my daughter.

My RE has been doing weekly vaginal US since 5w because of my risk level. He has said that he thinks we'll hear the heart beat at my next appt on Tuesday, which will be 8w+2.

As for a home doppler - I want to get one but am debating as to when will be the most effective time. Can it pick up accurately at 8w?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->