earliest to see heartbeat with abdominal Ultrasound?

mera.mera

Reaction score
When can i see the heartbeat .. my 1st scan would be at exactly full 6 weeks and 2 days .. can i see the heartbeat? I had a miscarriage before and i couldn't see heartbeat so a little worried.. tell me your experiences when did you see it

Well, it is hard to say if you will or won't. I think it is much harder to see anything with an abdominal ultrasound that early on. I had a transvaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks 4 days and saw a heartbeat. They also put my dates back to 5 weeks 5 days. I'm not sure the new dates were correct though. I have heard from a lot of people on this site that six weeks was too early for them to see a heartbeat, but they saw a strong one a week or two later. I would say don't expect to see a heartbeat that early, but it could happen. I'm pretty sure my LO's heart had just started beating. It was a low heart rate.

Hiya hun. It completely varies! Some don't see a HB until 7 weeks +, some like myself see a HB in the 5th week. I think it depends alot on machine type, sonographer, baby position, uterus position etc. At 6 weeks you may very well see your little ones HB but don't be alarmed or worried if you don't as it is very very early and baby is soooo teeny tiny but hopefully you will get to see it! :) xx

Well, it is hard to say if you will or won't. I think it is much harder to see anything with an abdominal ultrasound that early on. I had a transvaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks 4 days and saw a heartbeat. They also put my dates back to 5 weeks 5 days. I'm not sure the new dates were correct though. I have heard from a lot of people on this site that six weeks was too early for them to see a heartbeat, but they saw a strong one a week or two later. I would say don't expect to see a heartbeat that early, but it could happen. I'm pretty sure my LO's heart had just started beating. It was a low heart rate.

Hiya hun. It completely varies! Some don't see a HB until 7 weeks +, some like myself see a HB in the 5th week. I think it depends alot on machine type, sonographer, baby position, uterus position etc. At 6 weeks you may very well see your little ones HB but don't be alarmed or worried if you don't as it is very very early and baby is soooo teeny tiny but hopefully you will get to see it! :) xx

Thank you ladies 5th weeks seems very promising!
My dr doesn't prefer transvaginal as she say no need for it we can wait and see it abdomimal .. i also had a tilted utres i guess this may effect right

About two weeks ago I had a "scare" that included spotting and a long visit to the ER. We did an abdominal ultrasound and the baby was healthy, with a heart beating away! I was 6w2d. It is possible to see the heartbeat depending on the strength of the ultrasound machine. Good luck!

About two weeks ago I had a "scare" that included spotting and a long visit to the ER. We did an abdominal ultrasound and the baby was healthy, with a heart beating away! I was 6w2d. It is possible to see the heartbeat depending on the strength of the ultrasound machine. Good luck!

Wow great thank you dear:hugs: another question you went with full bladder?

I had an abdominal ultrasound at 6+2 and saw a heartbeat also :) It was a higher quality machine though. I had to have a full bladder.

I saw a heart beat at 6+6, both transabdominal and transvaginal. it was definitely much easier to see transvaginally, but I did see it from above as well.

I had an abdominal ultrasound at 6+2 and saw a heartbeat also :) It was a higher quality machine though. I had to have a full bladder.

I saw a heart beat at 6+6, both transabdominal and transvaginal. it was definitely much easier to see transvaginally, but I did see it from above as well.

Veryy promiseing!! Thank you dear ladies

Thank you ladies 5th weeks seems very promising!
My dr doesn't prefer transvaginal as she say no need for it we can wait and see it abdomimal .. i also had a tilted utres i guess this may effect right

I have a tilted uterus too. Sonographer tried an abdominal ultrasound and couldnt see anything at all due to the tilt so did an internal and saw bean at 5+6 with hb. X

I had an abdominal ultrasound at 6+4 and saw the hb. It wasn't very clearly and was very hard to see anything but that was my fault cos my bladder wasn't even remotely full :dohh:

We saw ours with abdominal scan at 6 weeks 5 days
It was blurry though so internal was much clearer :)

I went for a scan today and there still not sure on my dates but think Im 5 weeks and they didn't see a heartbeat but she said it's very early so got a scan in a week to have another look

Wow great thank you dear:hugs: another question you went with full bladder?

YES! Full bladder! Bring with you a 1.5-2L jug of water to drink. The fuller, the better. I couldn't wait to use the bathroom after the ultrasound!

I saw it with DS at 6+3 abdominal, I wasn't expecting a scan so I didn't come with a full bladder, it was probably half full. Also, I was overweight.

Transvaginal ultrasound is more accurate at that early gestation.
I've never had an abdominal us before 12 weeksm

So sounds good! You are all get the heartbeat from 5 weeks to 7 ..

I was 5w5d and saw a heartbeat (transvaginal). It was slow so I went in again at 7w3d and it was beating away perfectly.

My doctor doesn't like to make transvaginal she always says no need we can wait to see it abdominal because nothing urgent

I've read that sometimes they can be seen late in the 5th week and then up to the 7th week. My due date has been changed around so I saw mine somewhere between 6 weeks and 6 weeks 5 days. Good luck, I know how scary it is after losses, but hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->