Earliest you've heard heartbeat?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
I've bought a sonoline Doppler which will be delivered tomorrow, I was wondering what's the earliest you've heard bubba? And any tips as I've not used one before.

I just ordered one too, Ricschick. I used one during my last two pregnancies, also. The earliest I could find my last baby was around 10 weeks, I believe. There are a lot of ladies online who claim they've found the heartbeat at 7 and 8 weeks...but honestly, that is rare, and not the norm. It is very likely that what they actually heard, was the whooshing from the placenta, their own heartbeat, etc. It's just really, really hard to find the hb on something so small...and baby is moving all over at this gestation too. Good luck! I'm sure there ARE people who have heard it this early on with their dopplers...but I don't think it's as common as the web will have you believe.

7 weeks 1 day. But only with one pregnancy (ds2) and he was always easy to find.

The other 4 I have tracked were all 8-9w, and sometimes tricky xx

10+4 (when I got it) with dd1, 8+6 first try with dd2 and 8+0 faintly for a second with this one and tried again at 8+2 and I have the recording and NO it was not my heartbeat or anything but baby!! It IS possible to hear heartbeat in 7th/8th week with doppler but it IS very rare!!!!

Edit to say: this baby has been harder to find some days than my previous two, some days I search and search only to find it very faintly and other days it's instantly found loud and clear, every pregnancy is different and some babies hide really well!!!

Here's the recording at 8+2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SdwTOfGzUWI

Like previous posters have said, it's not easy, I really didn't think I'd try until I was further along but I saw the doppler lying around and thought, well why not!! I found the heartbeat for this baby at exactly 9 weeks. I have had a previous c-section and kept the wand in the centre with tiny movements of pointing it in different directions, so I didn't lift it up and move it along or anything. I used a Sonoline B also.

Don't be fazed if you don't find it, I've struggled to find it since but know all is well.

Here's a link to my youtube video of it: https://youtu.be/8B9gbfdtmG8

Good Luck xxxx

Earliest was 8w with my second born. I couldn't hear until 14 weeks with my current (fifth) pregnancy, so don't worry if you don't find it for a few more weeks!

Thanks guys il try it and see but I won't get my hopes up!

My sonoline b was 8+1 with this baby, it took a few minutes to find, easiest with a full bladder.
With my son it was 10 weeks which is when I got th doppler and I found his straight away

I bought another doppler yesterday after selling mine due to no more babies planned .... oops!!!

Tried last night at 7+6 and was really surprised that I found it xx

https://youtu.be/ok6BhhMvjMA

I don't have a doppler, but my doctor tries it every time she sees me. We didn't hear it on 9+6 (first try), but we did hear it this week at 13+5. This is my first pregnancy, and I'm not even close to showing yet, so the uterus was probably still quite low and protected back at 9+6.

I saw the heartbeat at 8w3d, at my dating ultrasound, but didn't actually hear it until 11w4d, when my doppler was delivered.

Thanks for the you tube vids it gives me a good idea what to hear for. I've not found it yet but will try again, I would really love to find it as I've had bleeding and would really ease my mind!!

I just ordered one too, Ricschick. I used one during my last two pregnancies, also. The earliest I could find my last baby was around 10 weeks, I believe. There are a lot of ladies online who claim they've found the heartbeat at 7 and 8 weeks...but honestly, that is rare, and not the norm. It is very likely that what they actually heard, was the whooshing from the placenta, their own heartbeat, etc. It's just really, really hard to find the hb on something so small...and baby is moving all over at this gestation too. Good luck! I'm sure there ARE people who have heard it this early on with their dopplers...but I don't think it's as common as the web will have you believe.

I always find baby around 8 weeks and I can assure you I know the difference. If you know what you are looking for and are very patient it's quite common to find it.

I've the same Doppler. I found mines at exactly 9 weeks. Extremely low down and a bit to the left

Am I looking in the right place sort of along my pelvic bone or do I need to go lower?

Ricschik watch YouTube videos of how to they are very informative and helpful!

Along the top of your pubic bone then angle it around and down very slow rotating movements, might be easiest to start at your artery on the far left or right so you get to know the sounds x

Along the top of your pubic bone then angle it around and down very slow rotating movements, might be easiest to start at your artery on the far left or right so you get to know the sounds x
I find that they tend to be hugging behind that so if you tilt Doppler one way you can hear your own hb and tilt it another and you hear baby. Patience is the key early on you have to move so slowly and you can literally go over the same place forever before you find it. It's only in the last 3 days that I've found it instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->