early anomaly scAn

earthquake

Reaction score
Hi I'm just wondering if anyones jeatd of having your anomaly scan earlier. I'm 18 +3 today and scans at twelve. I know they can do it anytime from eigfhteen weeks its just that people who are due before me at the same hospital haven't had theirs yet? What I want to lknow is could they have seen something at the earliet scan to request this scan asap? I'm just freaking out a bit which I don't quite inderstand as I'm a huge advocate for disabilitu rigjts and woirk with adults with learning disabilities. Any help? Or heard of scans being bought forward?

That is your 19th week so you're fine. I asked my doctor because mine is scheduled at 18 +2. He said that they can see everything fine then and it is close enough to the 20th week. Good luck!

sorry I misread your first post! I think it's just a matter of scheduling and when they have time free. I think if they were worried they would have said something or recommended additional testing. I would try not to worry about it.

I think they do them from week 18 to week 22 (they try to fit everyone in, in this time frame i think)

I had mine quite late i was just over 22 weeks
x

Mine is at 16 weeks - that is earliest point for anomoly. I am sure it was just a matter of you being top of the list when scheduling.

Thanks all just had scan and everythings fine. Was just having last minute nerves!

sorry I misread your first post! I think it's just a matter of scheduling and when they have time free. I think if they were worried they would have said something or recommended additional testing. I would try not to worry about it.

I agree with the post above, after my anamoly scan problems were picked up and I have been having scans every 4 weeks:)
So dont worry if they were concerned at all they would of seen you at 16 weeks not waited till now.
Anamoly scans are 18-24 weeks in my area so I would say thats all normal, I know its scary but try and look on the bright side as I do every scan you get to have another sneek preview of yr baby:)
Normally anamoly scans go without a hitch, in my first 3 pregnancies the anamoly scan was ust that scan where I had to drink gallons(or felt like it) of water, my bladder doesnt seem so strong now on baby no 4 though prior to pregnancy I normally went for several hours at least without having to pee xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->