Early BLW schedules

maggie111

Reaction score
Due to some difficulties we have been playing with food more than sitting him down for 3 meals a day - but it has been going well and he's even swallowing some food now (although not digesting it)

Can you please give me some sample days, and amounts of food? I don't really know how to transition him to eating properly :(

Any help would be most appreciated

Our schedule was pretty simple, when we ate he sat up the table with us and had a bit of whatever we were eating. So 3 meals a day.

Our schedule was pretty simple, when we ate he sat up the table with us and had a bit of whatever we were eating. So 3 meals a day.

You see we don't eat 3 meals a day really. And our dinnertime is normally after the baby's gone to bed! What time are your mealtimes?

I also eat food I don't really want the baby to eat. What did you do then? Or did you only eat what the baby could eat? Don't want to be giving him a bacon sandwich! :haha:

My ds has three meals a day. We eat breakfast together at 8.30, he has porridge with fruit and I have branflakes. We have lunch at about 12.30 where we usually have the same thing, e.g. toast, omelette or something like that. He usually eats dinner on his own during the week at about 5.30, because my oh doesn't get home from work early enough. It does mean I sometimes have to cook twice, but I try to make things like a bolognese for my ds and then reheat it for us later. At weekends I cook something we can all have and we all have dinner together :thumbup:

Like others I always offered food when I ate. I also offered what we were having or very close to it. If I really wanted a bacon butty then LO would have been given the bread in the very early days but a taste of bacon by about 9months. I saw BLW with dS1 as a way to improve all our diets and reduce processed food & salt. We still eat in much the same way.

I think part of BLW is modelling eating habits etc ourselves so it is rare that at least 1 of us doesn't eat with the kids. I often have 2 small portions of dinner 1 with kids and 1 with DH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->