Early Dating Scan?!

RaisingAKing

Reaction score
Hi ladies! (and gents! 😏)

I'm new here. I found out I was expecting our second miracle on November 12th.

Sorry if this is a bit TMI but I'm trying to decide whether I should be postponing my dating scan or not?!

My last cycle was September 29th, which would make my estimated due date July 6th.

Well I've had a letter through for my dating scan on December 18th, which will make me roughly 11+3 going by my estimated due date but I know that'll be at least two weeks out, showing I'm actually only 9 weeks.

So say I am 9 weeks will I be asked to go back for another scan? As surely they won't be able to check the nuchal fold for down syndrome that early?

So would I be bet to ring and re-arrange the scan on the 18th?

I haven't seen my Midwife yet to ask her but she's useless anyway (or she was when I was pregnant with my son!).

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm not 100% but I got a scan at 10 weeks and NT at 12 still. So my guess would be yes they will give you two. But getting it all done in one shot isn't a bad idea either. I just didn't know anything, or I would have waited the 2 weeks myself to get it all done.

I'm not 100% but I got a scan at 10 weeks and NT at 12 still. So my guess would be yes they will give you two. But getting it all done in one shot isn't a bad idea either. I just didn't know anything, or I would have waited the 2 weeks myself to get it all done.

Thanks for the reply hun. Here in the UK they're quite stingy with scans, so if they can get away with it they won't re-scan.

I'm going to go to it though and just see what they say. If need be I'll pay for a private scan in a few weeks. :)

I'll have my scan when I should be 11w6d but I've had a few early scans which I'm about a week behind on so was wondering the same thing. I've decided just to go for it, although they're quite stingy with scans if they feel they need to do another I'm sure they will :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->